About MJardin Group:
MJardin Group's mission is to set the standard for successful ownership of assets in the cannabis industry. Our Colorado founders spent a decade refining cultivation methodology, collecting and implementing data driven standards and designing state of the art facilities. For more information, please visit www.mjardin.com (http://www.mjardin.com/).
The Post-Harvest Technician assists with the day-to-day post-harvest tasks and ensuring compliance to Health Canada's Cannabis Regulations and following Health and Safety protocols. This role is responsible for the execution of sanitation, harvesting, drying/curing, trimming, and packaging tasks throughout the facility pursuant to relevant Standard Operating Procedures.
• Adhere to all relevant Standard Operating Procedures related to the tasks, as directed by a Post-Harvest Lead, including but not limited to sanitation, cultivation, and/or processing tasks.
• Following the facility cleaning and sanitation program, including but are not limited to sweeping, mopping, garbage removal, wiping, tool and equipment cleaning, laundry, and other duties as required.
• Post-harvest tasks may include, but are not limited to sanitation, harvesting, drying/curing, trimming, and packaging tasks.
• Maintenance and monitoring of facility systems.
• Responsible for accurately completing appropriate documentation and records as directed by a Post-Harvest Lead.
• Responsible to promptly report any deviations from Standard Operating Procedures to a Post-Harvest Lead.
• Responsible to ensure safe work procedures are being followed and to report hazards and unsafe work to immediate supervisor, or Health & Safety representative.
• Post-harvest breakdown and clean-up.
• Cannabis waste collection and destruction.
• Working with trimming and packaging machinery.
• Responsible for providing your own transportation to and from work.
Formal Education or Equivalent:
• High school diploma or equivalent
Years of Experience:
Competencies, Specialized Skills or Knowledge unique to this role:
• Basic math skills
• Ability to operate standard office equipment (computers, printers, etc.)
• Good communication skills (verbal and written)
• Previous post-harvest experience considered an asset
• Prior experience working in greenhouse or agriculture an asset
Working / Environmental Conditions
Management reserves the right to assign other job duties as necessary. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The employee will be exposed to pollen, allergens, and non-carcinogenic pesticides, fumes, dust, odors, extreme heat temperatures, artificial light, sun exposure, vibrations, and water. Working in a cannabis cultivation facility exposes the employee to organic allergens, heights, indoor AC, no AC, motion, noise and approved pesticides.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Have the physical ability to sit, squat, bend, lift, push, pull 50 pounds and kneel repetitively throughout an 8 to 10-hour workday
• Able to stand and walk for extended periods of time
• Ability to visually identify plant health issues, safety hazards and signage.
• Ability to use a ladder up to 12' high