About the Role
Based on-site, MJardin Group is looking to hire an experienced and Health Canada Security cleared Operations Manager at our Licensed Production (LP) facility in Dunnville, ON. We call this facility our "GRO" facility
Reporting to the Head of Operations at the Brampton head office, the Operations Manager at GRO will be responsible for the management and oversight of all aspects of the facility.
• Manage the ongoing operation at the Dunnville GRO facility including operational schedules and labour requirements
• Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities, with production and quality assurance, setting clear expectations of the work to be done with the growers to ensure product quality
• Manage and account for all on-site inventory, consumables, and supplies
• Ensure compliance to all GPP, provincial regulations and MJardin SOP's
• Work alongside Quality Assurance, ensure proper documentation of changes and issues
• Maintain HC Security Clearance in good standing
• Work alongside the Cultivation department to ensure expected outcomes are achieved; work towards achieving maximum yield, with lowest costs while maintaining high quality standards
• Actively coordinate facility maintenance including any building code inspection requirements
• Participate in JHSC initiatives to ensure the facility operations in accordance with all applicable regulations
• Other duties as required.
• Previously demonstrated success as Master Grower or Operations Manager of a mid-large sized LP facility
• Prior work experience or a demonstrated passion for the cannabis industry
• Proven leadership success, including experience in managing successful and effective teams, finding efficiencies, cost improvement, process controls, vendor & partner management, pricing, estimating, and budgeting, and employee development
• Strong understanding of the Cannabis Act and other applicable industry regulations and best practices
• Ability to balance multiple priorities and execute against a diverse set of objectives.
Expected Hours of Work
This is an on-site (Dunnville, Ontario) and full-time position that requires but is not limited to, 40 hours per week. Operational hours are dependent on facility operations. This position may be required to work weekends and holidays.
How we hire
MJardin Group is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We provide accommodation for job applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws. Please contact us to request accommodations