MIM’s Human Resources Manager will oversee all day-to-day employee issues, including administering pay, benefits and leave and enforcing company policies and practices for growing cannabis company involved in marijuana cultivation and retail sales.
Job Duties Include:
- Oversee communications with employees including new hires, transfers, leaves of absence, terminations, personal data changes, etc.
- Perform background checks and ensure employees maintain proper licenses with the Massachusetts Cannabis Control Commission.
- Ensure all agents are properly trained for their position, including having completed annual Responsible Vendor Training.
- Maintain personnel files.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws.
- Ensure employees receive adequate training in compliance with regulations issued by the Cannabis Control Commission.
- Train employees and managers on correct usage of the timeclock system.
- Ensure timecards are approved by deadline and properly submitted to the payroll system.
- Participate in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations and investigations.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Organized and detail oriented
- Motivated, proactive self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Strong ethics and sound judgement
- Due to state regulations, qualified candidates for this position must be at least 21 years of age and able to pass a fingerprinting background – certain criminal convictions may disqualify candidates based on state medical marijuana licensing regulations.
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- 3-5 years of HR experience
- Knowledgeable of Massachusetts employment laws
- Must be able to travel between Norwood, Leominster and Waltham
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Human Resources: 3 years (Preferred)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place