Our retail Cannabis Retail Store Manager (SM) is vital to delivering a distinctive shopping experience. The SM is primarily responsible for working collaboratively with the company management and to manage, maintain and supervise day-to-day retail operations activities at the retail store location.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Sales Associate Support:
• Help hire great people, supervise and manage employees and ensure all employees have a valid Cannsell license.
• Motivate and inspire team members to be positive, friendly, knowledgeable, and hardworking
• Coach team members and provide positive and constructive feedback so that they grow professionally
• Train all team members on work procedures and policies so that everyone understands what's required to do a great job
• Maintain written SOPs as changes to policy and/or regulations occur and ensure compliance among team
• Assist in building a weekly staff schedule that complies with labor policies
• Be accessible and extremely responsive to all team member's questions, suggestions, and concerns and help resolve any team member conflicts
• Achieve high scores on the following measures related to Sales Associate Support - high retention of top talent and high team engagement scores
• Strong ability to lead by example and work with staff to deal with any circumstances that may arise in a high volume retail store.
Sales and Customer Service:
• Own all customer feedback and provide customer/patient complaint resolution in coordination with the head office procedures.
• Provide complaint resolution to ensure satisfaction of all customers and patients
• Utilize customer and team member feedback to readily implement changes to improve the customer experience
• Execute Cannabis selling strategies through collaboration with marketing (operator licensee) related to incentives, displays, internal and external promotion
• Recommend future promotions and ways to increase sales trends by understanding the success of previous incentives and promotions
• View sales reports and communicate with the team to identify sales trends and potential inventory requirements
• Track all employee and store sales daily to ensure optimal performance
• Analyze core metrics to better understand store performance in order to beat and exceed goals
• Utilize approved employee incentives to drive sales and boost morale
• Achieve high scores on the following measures related to Sales and Customer Service - meet or exceed monthly store revenue and gross margin goals and maintain a high score on all social media customer reviews
Daily Store Operations:
• Maintain store compliance with all local, state and federal regulations, Organize and communicate all required reporting, paperwork, and state tracking system recording
• Assist AGCO with inventory, sales, and compliance audits
• Perform all daily opening and closing procedures
• Implement and oversee security, reporting and cash management procedures related to opening and closing the store
• Ability to make schedules for staff and work on creating a sound work environment.
• Be responsible for facility maintenance and troubleshooting as necessary including proper up-keep of the phone, utilities, technology, maintenance, repairs, stock, and supplies.
• Ensure that the sales floor is adequately stocked at all times
• Keep track of all expiring products and promote sales as needed
• Coordinate with management and senior leadership to perform daily/monthly/yearly inventory audits and reconciliations
• Ensure all expired/damaged/returned product is logged and disposed of according to regulations
• Assist in receiving and ensuring that all wholesale deliveries are compliant and accurate compared to invoices, etc.
• Provide daily correspondence via email and manager’s log, with the team members as needed
• Comply with all HR policies, including confidentiality and non-disclosures
• Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
Qualifications and Requirements of an SM:
• Reporting and Information Management: must have proficiency in Microsoft Office and experience with process management, team problem solving, and inventory control.
• Bachelor's Degree preferred.
• 5-6+ years of management experience in retail.
• Have a valid Cannabis Retail Store Manager license or ability to obtain Cannabis Retail Manager License from AGCO by given personal disclosure and details to AGCO.
• Sound knowledge of Cannabis plants and different strains of Cannabis
• Knowledge of standards of Cannabis Retail stores set by AGCO.
• Knowledge of local and state laws and regulations pertaining to retail Cannabis is a must!
• Achievement-oriented and hard working
• Must successfully pass an extensive background check.
• Organized, flexible, and empathetic
• Detail-oriented and proactive
• Excellent leadership and management skills
• Strong time management and prioritization skills
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
• Strong communicator who can present ideas clearly
• Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
• Entrepreneurial, collaborative, an extremely positive attitude
• Knowledgeable about the cannabis industry and its policies and laws
• Ability to work nights, holidays and weekends.
Job Type: Full-time