Leading east coast based multi-state cannabis company seeks an experienced cannabis cultivator to serve as Director of Cultivation.
The Director of Cultivation will oversee the operation and expansion of an indoor cultivation facility in Maryland.
• Leadership: A self-driven leader who can develop and retain high performing teams and create a culture of accountability, innovation, and enjoyment.
• Communication: Superior written and oral communication skills; active listener.
• Cannabis Business Acumen: Possesses a high level of business understanding, including problem solving, project management and operations within the cannabis industry.
• Strategic Thinking: Clearly understands the organizations key objectives and the role of the cultivation team in achieving them.
• Team Player: Enthusiastically supports colleagues with a spirit of shared purpose.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Motivate train and lead a high performing cultivation team
• Direct the cultivation team and assume responsibility for all phases of the grow.
• Liaise with corporate colleagues to develop cultivation metrics, work processes and material flow to optimize yields and improve operational efficiencies.
• Ensure cultivation compliance with state and corporate standards.
• Develop and implement harvest schedules that align with sales plans.
• Minimum 2-5 years large commercial agriculture experience
• Minimum 2- 5 years indoor cannabis cultivation experience as a head grower, or equivalent
• Minimum 2-5 years management/supervisory experience (can overlap in agriculture/cannabis experience)
• Knowledge of large-scale commercial plan cultivation including crop rotation management, nutrient requirements, mediums, lighting, and environmental controls.
• Advanced knowledge of the cannabis plant and genetics.
• Must have accountability, proactive behavior and strong attention to detail.
BA in agriculture, plant science, agronomy or similar field strongly preferred