Local Roots is in search of a competent security professional to become part of our existing seasoned security team. Our team is made up of cannabis cultivation, dispensary, and transportation security personnel. All Local Roots security agents are trained in all aspects of each type of facility. This enables movement throughout the company in the event of a temporary vacancy, or a permanent one.
Local Roots security jobs are not your typical security positions. Our security agents are the face of the company. Whether it is our dispensary security agents greeting customers, our cultivation security agent checking in guests, or our transportation security agents greeting our wholesale partners, our security agents are the first staff members to interact with all involved with Local Roots. It is for this reason we are not only looking for candidates with at least 5 years of experience in the security field, we are also looking for someone with the personality to interact with customers and guests, as well as our retail and cultivation co-workers.
Your basic security responsibilities will be to undertake the surveillance of our premises and protection of our staff and visitors. You will be responsible for detecting any suspicious behavior and preventing vandalism, thefts or other criminal behavior. A security agent must be well-trained in surveillance and dealing with emergencies. The ideal candidate will inspire respect and authority as well as possess a high level of observation. The goal is to help the company in maintaining excellent working conditions by keeping our facilities safe and problem-free, while being welcoming and professional to all we interact with.
With this particular position comes unique responsibilities different than our other positions within the company. The "Transportation Coordinator" aspect of this job has a focus on the transportation of Local Roots cannabis. This is a very detailed oriented position. On top of monitoring mobile surveillance footage and GPS tracking, you will be managing the volumes of paperwork associated with cannabis transport. The accuracy of each document, and the maintenance of digital and paper historical files will be a daily duty. So if your looking for a security job where you stand a post with little activity, this job is not for you. If your looking to be an integral part of a transportation security team, and you meet our requirements, this job may be what your looking for.
At this facility, you will be working with and for our Security Supervisor. Together you will handle all the responsibilities involved at our Framingham hub. The following will be some of your responsibilities:
General Responsibilities Shared with Supervisor
• Maintain surveillance and access control systems
• Patrol premises regularly to maintain order and establish presence
• Monitor and authorize entrance of vehicles or people in the property
• Remove wrongdoers or trespassers from the area
• Secure all exits, doors and windows after end of operations
• Check surveillance cameras periodically to identify disruptions or unlawful acts
• Investigate people for suspicious activity or possessions
• Respond to alarms by investigating and assessing the situation
• Provide assistance to people in need
• Work with Law Enforcement with matters beyond your scope of work
• Submit reports of daily surveillance activity and important occurrences
Responsibilities Specific to Position
• Monitor transportation surveillance
• Monitor transportation GPS
• Ensure transportation activities remain compliant
• Update team on transportation progress
• Contact receiving entity of impending delivery
• Complete a running digital log of transport activities
• ensure complete, and file each transportation manifest
• Proven experience as security officer or guard
• Knowledge of legal guidelines for area security and public safety
• Familiarity with report writing
• Excellent surveillance and observation skills
• Tech-savvy with experience in surveillance systems
• High School diploma is required
Local Roots/Caregiver Patient Connection is a locally owned, vertically integrated cannabis company fully established in Mass and looking to expand around New England. We have 3 operating recreational dispensaries, all in central Massachusetts. We operate a smart greenhouse and outdoor grow facility in Barre Massachusetts. Our wholesale hub is our Framingham cultivation and manufacturing facility. We operate our own inhouse cannabis transportation program, all run out of our Framingham facility. Our young and enthusiastic management team is driven to create a New England craft cannabis company second to none. Our product and service has been well received and is quite popular with our customers. Our security team is made up of qualified, seasoned security professionals. We work together as a whole to create safe industrial, agricultural, and retail environments