The Director is responsible for the continual training of staff to maintain quality standards across multiple cultivation
and laboratory sites. In addition, regular review of documents, batch records and inspecting of goods. They will work
closely with our cultivators, processing staff and packaging staff at all sites to execute these quality standards at every
phase of production and at every location.
The Director will be responsible for safely and effectively supervising, auditing and training staff on a national level to
ensure products are high quality, food safe medical cannabis oils and liquids for ingestion, inhalation, solid dosages, or
topical application by registered patients.
Manage QA/QC staff, providing guidance and technical direction company wide.
• Develop quality performance measurements and maintain efficient measurements for all quality performance
and participate in all operation system meetings and develop and deploy an efficient companywide quality
• Manage the Standard Operating Procedures documentation, execution, and training.
• Analyze all customer issues to ensure no critical and/or major product complaints, market recalls and/or
market withdrawals and prepare strategic plans to facilitate growth and ensure quality processes and maintain
all customer satisfaction.
• Manage all policies and procedures and ensure all work follows company policies and /or procedures and state regulations and monitor all quality metrics for Quality Assurance activities.
• Provide support for audit functions of company policies and procedures and ensure adherence to all Quality Management systems and prepare efficient strategies of the policies/procedures company wide.
• Support the maintenance and provide updates to all policies and procedures and maintain all quality procedures documentation.
• Direct process and product testing to ensure materials, parts, and products comply with established quality standards and state regulations.
• Ensure the evaluation of vendors and their products to ensure supplier documentation, specifications, and certificates for purchased goods. Coordinates and resolves any product / material nonconformance.
• Support the development of testing methods and transfer of method technologies from state to state for all new products in development.
• Contribute to the evaluation of all third-party testing labs in conjunction with local site QA Analyst to ensure accurate product analysis.
• Oversee third party testing and resolutions for testing discrepancies.
• Lead continuous improvement initiatives by recommending quality and process improvements.
• Must be able to pass a Level 2 background check (FBI)
• A minimum of 7 years’ experience in quality, or a related science/engineering discipline.
• A minimum of 3 years managing a team.
• Pharmaceutical and/or cannabis industry experience is a plus.
• Proven ability to perform duties in a safe manner and environment while adhering to all governmental regulations for this industry.
• Ability to ensure compliance and accuracy involving all product tracking, product security, and product movement procedures.
• Ability to utilize digital inventory control systems.
• Exhibit creative solving of technical problems
• Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables
• Ability to think abstract
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to train staff.
• Thorough understanding of quality control standards and methodologies.
• Thorough understanding of manufacturing and production in the industry.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
• Proficient with Google Suite or related software.
• Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, and safely lift up to 25lbs
• Must be able to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for extended periods of time (I.e. gloves, lab coat, hair net)
• Must follow PPE guidelines