The Trimmer is primarily responsible for the efficiency and quality of the cannabis plant trimming of in preparation for distribution. This position will perform the trimming (manicuring) operations which includes; hand trimming, machine trimming, and live plant manicuring.
• Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
• Hand trim guard and/or sugar leaves from cannabis plants before the drying process using shears, scissors, etc.
• Operate a trimming machine to remove guard and/or sugar leaves from cannabis
• Occasionally and as directed, manicure live medical cannabis plants to encourage better growth
• Breakdown flowers off stem and stalk of plant in order to separate unusable waste from useable product; employee must track the amount of unusable waste for each plant/batch
• After breakdown of plant, employee must identify and separate fan leaves, stems and sugar leaves on the flower
• Employee must account for each by-product type processed off the flower; adding stems and fan leaves to "waste" for proper tracking and disposal by managers and trim/sugar leaves to "useable by-product" (trim) to the MIP
• Responsible for tracking the batches that they trim including the final finished product, the usable by-product amount (trim), and the un-usable by-product (waste) according to company policy and practices, as well as state and local laws and regulations
• Employee must exhibit competency in basic organizational, tracking and communication skills
• Take instructions and help on tasks delegated by master and assistant growers
• Work in a quick and efficient manner
• Close Attention to Detail
• Time Management
• Basic weights and measurement skills, ability to operate a digital scale
• Experience in marijuana growing, cultivating, and trimming preferred
• Ability to work within a team and on an individual basis
• Familiarity with warehouse procedures
• Positive attitude and demeanor
• Works in a timely manner and strives to increase productivity
• Must be 21 years of age or older, and be able to pass an extensive background check
• Must be authorized to work in the United States
• Ability to stand on feet or sit for extended periods of time
• Ability to have extended cannabis exposure, with no adverse physical reaction
• Ability to use repetitive use of hands, wrists and forearms
• Fine visual acuity with the ability to adjust focus to inspect closely, ability to recognize different colors.
• Normal vision or corrected by use of glasses and/or contacts for normal reading and viewing abilities to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned, or to make general observations of facilities or structures
• Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to meet job and operate equipment requirements
• Wear provided UVA/UVB safety glasses and neck kerchiefs to protect against strong lights in growing areas
• Ability to twist, turn, bend, stand and walk as required to perform the duties associated with functioning as a dispensary manager
• Pushing/pulling/carrying, with the ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
• Regular and on-time attendance
• Hours may exceed 40 hours per week
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Work is performed in several locations that include a cannabis cultivation and production facility and dispensaries, the working area may be odorous at times and loud due to fans and filtration systems, fluctuating between cold and warm temperatures. Involves frequent contact with staff. Work may include dealing with law enforcement and occasional State inspectors.
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship
Ayr Wellness, LLC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law