We are looking to hire enthusiastic budtenders for our growing team. Here at Kootenay Cannabis we consider ourselves advocates of responsible consumption and aim to educate and build our cannabis community. Our goal is to provide customers with a knowledgeable and personable team to assist with each individual's needs and create a comfortable shopping experience.
What we offer:
- Great leadership and a positive inclusive team environment
- Cross-training, continual learning and opportunity for growth
- Employee incentives programs
- Opportunity to give back to the community with varying volunteer ventures
Typical responsibilities of the job include:
- Engage with customers to understand their needs and educate them on responsible cannabis use
- Provide information based on ongoing learning and accurate product knowledge
- Convert customer needs into sales in real-time using tablets for order processing
- Cultivate, grow and retain customer base through an exemplary customer experience
- Working with team members to fulfill orders and cash out customers
- Comply with cash in/cash out procedure at beginning and end of shift.
- Comprehend, apply, follow and enforce guidelines as required by industry and COVID regulations
What you can offer us:
- Strong customer service skills;
- Working knowledge of POS systems, Word, and Excel;
- Knowledge of glassware, accessories, and hydroponics is an asset
- Strong communication skills, time management, and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work well in high volume, high level of care, retail environment;
- Ability to work as a member of a team and comfortable working alone
- Attention to detail when making sales and accounting for inventory
- Enthusiasm for cannabis that will shine through to create the ultimate experience for regular and new cannabis users.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team. All applicants must be the minimum age of 19 with flexible availability with varying shifts including evenings, weekends, and holidays with the store being open every day. We are currently looking for part-time with the potential for growth into full-time & management roles.
Part-time hours: 25 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $16.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
Anyone entering the store will be required to wear a face-covering for the time being.
- Customer service: 2 years (preferred)
- Budtender: 2 years (preferred)