Kaycha Labs is a leading provider of innovative Cannabis and Hemp testing technologies and methods. We perform product testing to help ensure compliance with state and federal regulations. We provide comprehensive cannabis testing for potency, homogeneity, heavy metals, microbial contamination, mycotoxins, residual solvents, terpenes, and pesticides
The Lab Technician, Level I is responsible for working closely with our laboratory team to develop analytical skills and related experience. This position consists of many aspects from homogenizing, weighing and extracting samples, performing quality control checks, verifying various support equipment and properly disposing of all waste.
Monday - Friday
Tuesday - Saturday
Sunday - Thursday
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Execute laboratory protocol and procedures under the supervision of the Lab Director.
• Regularly display good laboratory technique to avoid cross-contamination or misidentified samples.
• Perform sample preparation procedures including homogenization, weighing and liquid extraction.
• Perform QC duties as assigned, including LCS and matrix spikes.
• Perform qualitative and quantitative tests, as assigned.
• Utilize the LIMS system to create batches, enter sample prep information and maintain physical and electronic records.
• Adhere to ISO 17025 standards as well as state regulatory requirements.
• Promote a strong customer service culture while adhering to the highest safety and industry standards.
• Other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
• Ability to maintain an incredibly high degree of attention to detail and accuracy.
• Strong agility, engagement, and flexibility in an ever-changing environment.
• Working knowledge of logging, organizing, and analyzing data.
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced deadline environment while successfully managing multiple tasks.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
• Working knowledge of standard laboratory protocol.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively work, problem solve, and communicate with multiple levels of the organization.
Education & Experience:
• Minimum of Bachelor's degree in chemistry, biochemistry or related field based on state requirements.
• 0-1 year of lab experience.
• Knowledge of principles, terminology, practices, techniques commonly used in a laboratory setting preferred.
• Exposure to the cannabis industry is a plus.
• Must pass Level 2 background check.
• Must be at least 21 years old.
• Kaycha Labs offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision and time off.
• Kaycha Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $18.00 per hour
• 401(k) matching
• Dental insurance
• Health insurance
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Vision insurance
• 8 hour shift
• Day shift
• Monday to Friday
• Weekend availability
Face masks required.
• Best email/phone number to reach you at?
• Bachelor's (Required)
• Laboratory experience: 1 year (Preferred)
• Analytical chemistry: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location