Kaycha Group, LLC is a leading provider of innovative Cannabis and Hemp testing technologies and methods. We perform product testing to help ensure compliance with state and federal regulations. We provide comprehensive cannabis testing for potency, homogeneity, heavy metals, microbial contamination, mycotoxins, residual solvents, terpenes, and pesticides
The Lab Analyst, Level I will be responsible for performing, documenting, record checking, and basic troubleshooting of qualitative and quantitative assays on samples using techniques that vary from the use of standard laboratory equipment to highly modern and automated instrumentation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Analyze samples consisting of a variety of matrices using traditional laboratory technologies including, but not limited to, HPLC, GC/MS, LC/MS, and ICP/MS.
• Prepare samples for analysis while displaying good laboratory technique to avoid cross-contamination or misidentified samples.
• Accurately prepare calibration curves and quality control samples.
• Interpret and evaluate data in terms of accuracy, precision, trends, and quality control requirements.
• Maintain laboratory equipment by cleaning, and otherwise ensuring ongoing proper working order. Report equipment issues to supervisor
• Collaborate with the laboratory team to meet reporting deadlines.
• Able to perform method validations, or verifications as needed.
• Manage inventory supplies and alert supervisor in advance when materials must be ordered
• May participate in root cause analysis for quality assurance.
• Assist with training incoming analysts and technicians on methodology.
• Participate in the development or updating of departmental SOP’s.
• Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Education & Experience:
• Minimum BS/BA in Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Engineering or Environmental Sciences required or based on state requirements.
• Knowledge of principles, terminology, practices, techniques, and instrumentation commonly used in a laboratory setting required.
• At least 1 year of laboratory experience.
• Demonstrated proficiency in at least one analytical instrument preferred.
• Food science and/or environmental experience is a plus.
• Exposure to the cannabis industry is a plus.
Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
• Basic understanding of standard laboratory protocol.
• Maintain high productivity, keen attention to detail, and consistent multi-tasking while yielding a low testing error rate.
• Strong agility, engagement, and flexibility in an ever-changing environment.
• Diligent commitment to logging, organizing, and analyzing data.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively work, problem solve, and communicate with multiple levels of the organization.
• Promote a strong customer service culture while adhering to the highest safety and industry standards, including those that are outlined by the state regulatory body.
• Must pass the required background check.
• Must be at least 21 years old.
• Kaycha Labs offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision and time off.
• Kaycha Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that an employee must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to stand, handle or feel, to speak, and to hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to thirty-five (35) pounds.
Specific vision abilities required for this job include close (proximity) vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment described here is representative of that which an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The standard analytical laboratory environment is one in which potential health hazards do exist. Administrative, operations, technical, and professional staff are expected to safely operate in accordance with applicable and appropriate health and safety policies and procedures, as prescribed by the applicable Kaycha manuals and policies and/or federal, state, or local standards.
Laboratory staff can be expected to work in areas where hazards associated are with, but not limited to, airborne pathogens. Biological materials, hazardous substances, and radioactive material exist and are handled. Appropriate training is provided regarding these hazards and staff are expected to adhere to all health and safety policies at all times, whether they are in writing or verbalized by a supervisor.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Job Type: Full-time
• 8 hour shift
• Monday to Friday
• Weekend availability
• What is your desired compensation?
• Best email and phone # to reach you at?
• Are you open to working weekends and/or evenings when needed?
• What is your desire compensation?
• Bachelor's (Required)
• HPLC: 1 year (Required)
• Cannabis testing industry: 1 year (Preferred)
• LCMS: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location