GET TO KNOW JUSHI
We identify, evaluate, and acquire U.S.-based cannabis within each state to vertically integrate, produce, and distribute medical grade cannabis formulations in the United States offering patients and customers premium, high-grade cannabis and related products.
The Construction Project Manager, Retail Projects is responsible for the initiation, planning, organization, implementation, administration, and completion of retail, cultivation and/or manufacturing construction projects. Responsibilities include implementation of capital programs for construction, scheduled maintenance services, disaster recovery planning, vendor management services, budget management and administration, quality control, and relationship-building with internal and external engineering and operations partners. The Project Manager will interact daily with many levels of operations across all four business divisions Retail, Cultivation, Manufacturing and/or Processing. The Project Manager will have a consistent impact across the organization - advancing the mission of customer service and brand growth through the execution of Jushi’s core values.
This is remote position that can sit anywhere in Virginia but will require extensive travel to retail construction locations.
- Provide management and administrative support for ongoing expansion and construction projects for the retail sale, cultivation, manufacturing, processing, and/or distribution of cannabis products across multiple states
- Support the project through regular onsite walkthroughs and attendance to all OAC meetings or meetings related to the design, construction and administration of the project.
- Prioritize operating needs to develop a multi-year capital strategy with a focus on the safety of personnel, quality of work, on-time delivery, and cost management while addressing core needs
- Identify, plan, and administer capital expansion and revitalization projects annually, including design and construction projects along with current facility improvements such as HVAC replacements, parking lot replacements, exterior LED retrofits, scissor/roll down gates, dumpster enclosures, and others
- Support operational planning through technical expertise and process adherence for standardized SOWs, bid review, RFIs, submittals, change order management, materials supply management, RFP’s and real-time reporting.
- Provide strategic leadership and tactical support in the event of a significant disaster event or emergency in the assigned operating division
- Oversee vendor management including sourcing, KPI creation, and tracking, quality control, administrative compliance, and issue escalation/resolution
- Design and create project packages, including all relevant permissions, authorizations, certifications, and any architectural or engineering plans, designs and blueprints.
- Ensure vendors adhere to all Jushi internal requirements in addition to local/state/federal law
- Develop and implement administrative processes to ensure appropriate cost control/billing practices and insurance requirements are satisfied.
- Must Participate in ongoing education and professional development opportunities.
- Work collectively and respectfully with other team members.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Management or any related field required; MBA preferred
- 5+ years of management experience in field-based project management for a company with multi-site presence
- Project management certification (PMP) preferred
- Background in retail or industrial construction strongly preferred
- Experience in strategic planning, risk management, and change management
- Proficiency in project management software tools
- Quick learner – grasps essence quickly and uses information learned to apply elsewhere
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, knows how to work well with diverse and dynamic teams across multiple functions, e.g., operations, sales, legal, marketing, technology
- Strong negotiation skills, striking a balance between being flexible and driving for results with aggressive timelines
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; can handle multiple high priority projects simultaneously
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Jushi is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.