We are seeking a Vice President for growing retail cannabis company operating stores in Vancouver and Vancouver Island. Since legalization in 2018 cannabis has produced 151,000 new jobs and contributed 43 billion dollars to our economy. Medical and recreational cannabis markets are rapidly expanding in Canada and around the world.
The Vice President will create a best-in-class retail experience for both customers and staff. This position reports into ownership and has 6 direct reports including a District Manager and head office team members. The successful candidate will be detailed orientated, a strong communicator and even better listener with a genuine passion for creating a world-class cannabis experience. If you have experience as multi-unit leader in high-volume retail we want to speak with you! This is your opportunity to get in on the ground floor of this rapidly expanding industry where the sky is the limit.
• Develop & improve operational procedures to enhance operations efficiency
• Develop KPI’s and reports to monitor the effectiveness of programs
• Support store expansion initiatives including sourcing and fully developing new locations
• Ad-hoc and regular reports to the executives on key plans and results
• Data management, reports and analysis of sales and purchasing
• Ensure processes and procedures are clearly defined and being executed
• Act as the professional point of liaison on behalf of the FARM dealing with all inquiries relating to the purchasing of goods and services.
• Support with training of teams to ensure effective execution of programs
• Lead internal project tracking, reporting and weekly meetings
• Undertake other duties appropriate to the level and character of work as may reasonably be required
• 5+ years’ experience in retail operations, project management or related experience
• Experience in overseeing expanding or new business openings an asset
• Demonstrated people management skills
• Strong analytical skills and competency using Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Possess exceptional organizational & planning skills including attention to detail
• Highly developed communication & interpersonal skills, able to build relationships and interact comfortably with a wide range of levels in the organization: from senior executives to support staff within and outside of the company.
• Self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision
• Proven ability to function effectively in a team environment.
• BC Selling it Right is required for this role.
Contact Jeremy Atkins at 604.268.6202 x9 or submit your resume in confidence below