Are you a passionate, hardworking, and ambitious post-secondary student with agriculture, horticulture, botany, biology or related experience? Are you searching for a flexible part-time position to supplement your education and kick start your career? Hybrid Infusions is the right place to learn and gain valuable experience in a growing industry.
Hybrid Infusions, the parent company of Virtue Cannabis, is a dynamic, fast-paced, independently owned and operated Licensed Cannabis Producer located in Edmonton Alberta. As an equal opportunity employer we are proud of our team of exceptional, diverse, and passionate individuals and boast a culture second to none!
We are currently looking for the perfect Cannabis Cultivation Interns to join our team from September to December. We offer hands-on training, exciting educational opportunities, flexible working hours, and collaboration with exceptional professionals.
The Cultivation Intern will work with a team of cannabis cultivation experts to monitor, maintain, and produce exceptional cannabis and cannabis products.
Cultivation Intern Responsibilities:
• Work alongside the Master Grower and cultivation team for all production tasks from seed to sale!
• Work collaboratively with team members from all departments.
• Follow and execute standard operating procedures as they apply to facility standards and the regulations related to cannabis cultivation and production.
• Accurately complete records and documentation for all production, cultivation, and research activities.
• Maintain and calibrate equipment for all cultivation, production and sanitation tasks.
Tasks and projects a successful candidate will execute:
• Mixing, measuring, preparing, and applying fertilizers and biocontrol products.
• Monitoring and observing cannabis plants at all stages following integrated pest management and prevention practices.
• Handling concentrated materials including cleaning agents, nutrient compounds, and other agronomic inputs.
• Irrigation and fertilizer application using manual and automated systems.
• Vegetative propagation and maintenance of cuttings and seedlings.
• Trimming and maintaining the health of live plants throughout the growth cycle.
• Assisting with research projects and data collection.
• Reporting findings with senior cultivation team members
• Trimming and packaging dried cannabis and cannabis products.
• Cleaning and sanitizing all production and irrigation equipment, tools, and work stations.
An exceptional candidate will be:
• Passionate about cannabis, plants, horticulture/agriculture.
• Excited to learn and excel in a young industry.
• Detail oriented and focused.
• Highly motivated, working well independently and on a team.
• Innovative, creative, and results driven!
• Flexible and adaptable in a fast paced environment.
• Follows written and verbal direction effectively.
• Able to think on the spot and solve problems efficiently.
• Must currently be enrolled in a post secondary institution in a related scientific field; preference given to agriculture, biology, botany, horticulture or related specialization.
• Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or have been granted refugee status to qualify for internship funding.
• Local to the Edmonton Area or able to commute, with reliable transportation.
• Able to work comfortably in warm and humid cultivation spaces with bright lights (with provided PPE).
• Able to perform physical activities for the duration of a shift (standing, walking, moving equipment, stairs) including repetitive movements (trimming, packaging, planting).
• Lift and move up to 50 lbs (22kg)
• Comfortable squatting, bending, and kneeling while using tools and performing cleaning and maintenance tasks.
• Must be able to wear personal protective equipment as needed, including but not limited to sanitary clothing covers, gloves, mask, respirator, and/or eye protection while working.
• Must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, and provide proof.
Hours: Flexible schedule from 10-40 hours per week, 5-8 hours per day (dependent on your availability)
Contract length: 4 months (September to December)
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Fixed term contract, Internship / Co-op
Contract length: 4 months
Part-time hours: 10-40 per week
Salary: From $15.00 per hour
• Casual dress
• Company events
• On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
• French not required
• 4 hour shift
• 8 hour shift
• Day shift
• Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
• Overtime pay
• Hybrid Infusions Ltd. requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 prior to entering the facility. Knowing this, would you like to proceed with this application?
• Are you currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution for the Fall semester? (This is a funding requirement - if this does not apply to you, you will not be considered for the position)
• Are you either a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or have been granted refugee status? (This is a funding requirement - if this does not apply to you, you will not be considered for the position)
• What is your availability during the fall semester of school?
Work Location: One location