Demeter of Oklahoma / Metis QA Lab is a medical marijuana testing lab located in North Oklahoma City. We are a premier state-of-the-art laboratory with extensive expertise in cannabis testing and analysis. We utilize standardized scientific instrumentation for all cannabis testing and screening procedures including cannabinoid potency, residual solvents, pesticides, mycotoxins, microbial, and heavy metal.
The LC/MS Chemist will be responsible for processing and analyzing medical marijuana samples to provide information on pesticides, mycotoxins and other compounds present using Shimadzu 8050 and SciEx 4500 LC-MS/MS.
Essential Job Duties Include:
- Prepare and analyze samples from various cultivators, processors, and dispensaries to meet the rules and regulations governing medical marijuana testing in the State of Oklahoma.
- Responsible for operating, troubleshooting both Shimadzu 8050 and SciEx 4500 LC-MS/MS.
- Prepare chemical solutions for use in processing samples, following standardized formulas or experimental procedures.
- Documents results of tests and analyses in an organized and timely manner.
- Interpret data and communicate specimen results with cultivators, processors, dispensaries, and laboratory staff with complete confidentiality.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of laboratory quality control and assurance procedures in compliance with ISO regulations.
- Responsible for testing, calibrating, and performing quality control tests on lab equipment.
- Promotes a positive and safe work environment through understanding of safety (OSHA) regulations, practices, and procedures, including but not limited to biological and chemical hazards.
- Follows all company policies and procedures to ensure product integrity and quality control.
- Works with laboratory information management system (LIMS).
- Reports directly to the laboratory manager.
- Willing to meet on-call obligations as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- B.S. in technical science, MS preferred.
- Chemistry lab experience using a variety of analytical techniques and instrumentation.
- Excellent listening and communication skills, self-motivated with strong organizational and teamwork skills; and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- LC-MS experience required, particularly operating Shimadzu and Sciex platforms.
- Candidate must retain confidentiality and all reasonable precautions to keep clients’ data and other information confidential.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to legally work in the United States.
- Able to lift/carry up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to bend at the waist, squat.
- Ability to work with hands, see and hear.
Conditions of Employment:
- Contingent upon a favorable background check.
- Contingent on passing a pre-employment drug screening.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.