The Lab Technician is responsible for preparing samples of cannabis inflorescence, concentrates, and other cannabis products for analysis. Lab work involves measuring and tracking samples, preparing samples for analysis, completing logs, and maintaining hygienic lab conditions including washing labware.
Essential Job Duties Include:
- Ensures samples are received, accessioned, and prepared in a manner that is compliant with SOPs.
- Perform extractions and prepare samples for analysis on LC-MS, GC-MS, ICP-MS and Micro platforms as well as other state mandated tests.
- Responsible for preparation and tracking of solutions
- Responsible for maintaining relevant logs and equipment maintenance
- Produce quality, mistake-free work in the lab.
- Continuously seeks out new and better ideas, driving best practices.
- Promotes a positive and safe work environment through understanding of safety (OSHA) regulations, practices, and procedures, including but not limited to biological and chemical hazards.
- Follows all company policies and procedures to ensure product integrity and quality control.
- Works with laboratory information management system (LIMS).
- Reports directly to the Laboratory Manager.
- Other tasks requested by the Lab Manager necessary for running the lab.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Completed at least 2 years of college coursework in a science related field or one-year experience in a high complexity laboratory.
- Excellent listening and communication skills, self-motivated with strong organizational and teamwork skills; and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Candidate must retain confidentiality and all reasonable precautions to keep clients’ data and other information confidential.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to legally work in the United States.
- Able to lift/carry up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to bend at the waist, squat.
- Ability to work with hands, see and hear.
Conditions of Employment:
- Contingent upon a favorable background check.