• Provide insight and technology recommendations that result in enterprise solutions that solve criticize business problems.
• Design, deliver, and document multi-platform architecture with a focus on architectural standards, growth, performance, flexibility, reliability, scalability, and security
• Identify architectural risks and plans to mitigate.
• Lead innovation by exploring, investigating, recommending, benchmarking and implementing data centric technologies for the platform.
• Be the technical architect and point person for data platforms.
• Will architect reliable and scalable data platforms, provide standard interfaces to query and support analytics for our big security related data sets that is transparent, efficient and easy to access as possible by our varied applications.
• Works on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative.
• Determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired results.
• Other duties as assigned
• Requires experience in Big Data Technologies that can provide the technical direction towards re-architecting Data Models and Access Platforms.
• Have extensive experience with data implementations, data storage and distribution.
• Have a solid track record of building large scale systems utilizing Big Data Technologies.
• Excellent understanding of Big Data Analytics platforms and ETL in the context of Big Data.
• Experience with administration, configuration management, monitoring, debugging, benchmarking and performance tuning of Database Engines.
• Experience with high-scale or distributed RDBMS a plus.
• Knowledge of cloud computing infrastructure (e.g. Amazon Web Services EC2, Elastic MapReduce) and considerations for scalable, distributed systems.
• Hands on programmer, strong in data structures and programming practices.
• Experience with Oracle, SQL Server, SSIS, and Talend a plus.
• Experience with industry standard medical data models, e.g. HL7, OMOP, ICD 9/10, a plus. Bachelor's (or equivalent) with 2 - 4years of experience, or a Master's with 0-2 years of experience.
• Security+(Which can be obtained after hire).
• Must be a US Citizen who is eligible for a security clearance. Already having a Public Trust is preferred.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distance may be required. Possible lifting up to 25 lbs. Please note: 4S-Silversword Software and Services LLC reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Positions functions and qualifications may vary depending on business needs. 4S-Silversword Software and Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status or legally protected characteristics