At Holistic Industries we are building a great place to work, shop and invest in cannabis. Our mission is to provide patients with the highest quality, safest cannabis medicine possible. As our name suggests, we care for the whole person. Scaling from a seed of inspiration in 2011, Holistic Industries is now one of the largest and fastest growing private MSOs (Multi-State Operators) in the country. We're able to deliver consistent value to employees, patients, and investors because of the values that drive our work - how we do business and why. We have one of the most seasoned teams in the industry, a budding Greenhouse of Brands and a meaningful model of doing well by doing good. Our company develops and offers a wide range of proprietary strains that increase desired cannabinoids such as CBD. These high CBD strains have become our foundation for growing, packaging, and selling the best cannabis in our markets. We are committed to harvesting and crafting industry-leading strains, consumer brands, and medical-grade products based on the most progressive science in the space. Holistic Industries has a unique model and approach that enables it to win licenses, scale operations and introduce national brands successfully in highly regulated markets. The company has proven to be responsible stewards of capital since its inception by sourcing licenses on merit rather than simply acquiring them on the open market. A GREENHOUSE OF BRANDS beginning with our flagship retail and wholesale brand, Liberty Cannabis, we continue to prove our ability to launch new brands from scratch and attract noteworthy partners.
We are deeply and actively committed to the communities we serve; our efforts under Liberty Cannabis Cares are focused on four pillars: Social Equity, Diversity, Community, and Cannabis Literacy.
Our team includes the nation's most knowledgeable experts in cultivation and medical dispensing, along with professionals who are top of their fields in medical professions, security, agriculture, real estate, and the legal distribution of other highly controlled substances. We are a team of best-in-class executives and staff from within and outside the industry who share a passion for advancing cannabis products and retail experience at scale.
Our well-established company is growing rapidly and adding to our team of professionals and specialists. Our employees receive PTO, paid Sick Leave, medical, dental, vision and other leave benefits as part of our highly competitive compensation package. Join us as we build a great place to work, shop, and invest.
Holistic Industries is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
About the Job:
Our client, a leading private, vertically integrated U.S. multi-state cannabis operator with a mission to be the best place to work, shop, and invest in cannabis is seeking a Director of Compensation. Reporting to the Chief People Officer, the Director of Compensation will handle design, communication, compliance, and administration of a national compensation program. This role provides strategic thought leadership, program support and consulting on all areas of compensation including pay (broad based, executive and sales), incentive compensation, equity and recognition programs. The role will develop compensation programs and plans system-wide (including annual salaries and short-term incentive plans) for all levels of the organization (executive, management and both exempt and non-exempt staff.)
• Direct the national compensation programs including executive compensation, sales commissions, salary & bonus structure, equity and other reward programs
• Develop and maintain salary structures for positions across the organization
• Direct annual market surveys: oversee all activity related to published compensation surveys throughout the year and audit survey output, market trends and competitive pay positions to ensure salary plans meet overall company goals and objectives.
• Provide guidance on comp matters such as job evaluations, job offers, exemption testing, promotional increases, total compensation assessments and process improvements
• Assist with due diligence and integration of compensation programs for ongoing acquisitions
• Develop annual compensation planning process, including merit and annual incentive plans
• Implement/maintain compensation process and market-based job evaluation system, job family and title structures, as well as create a process of ongoing market review based on industry standards.
• Drive operational excellence for the team and the company by designing and implementing HR processes and guidelines
• Create and conduct training for our managers and employees
• Prepare and make recommendations to the Executive Leadership team on compensation matters
• Work closely with the executive leadership team, Finance, the Chief People Officer, and other appropriate stakeholders on annual performance targets and funding
• Ensure compensation compliance activities are completed and processes and tools are effective and streamlined.
• Ensure regulatory compliance.
• Forecast, manage, and report on ongoing share utilization and stock compensation
• Contribute to the preparation of the company's annual proxy
• Physical Requirements of the Job
• Regulations require that incumbent be at least 21 years of age and able to obtain and maintain state marijuana work credentials.
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field
• Professional certifications (SPHR/PHR, SHRM-SCP/CP, CCP, CEBS, etc.) preferred
• 7-10 years of relevant work experience in compensation
• Demonstrated track record and expertise in managing a successful Compensation function, designing and developing compensation strategies and plans
• Broad experience including base pay, short- and long-term incentive programs, executive pay and disclosure, sales compensation, hourly non-exempt compensation, and performance management
• Presence, credentials and influencing skills to partner with all levels of the organization, secure commitment and lead the implementation of programs and activities
• Merger & acquisition experience helpful
• Knowledge of leading practices and external trends in compensation
• Preferred multi-state industry experience supporting headcount of over 800 with a large population of hourly workers
• Preferred industry experience: Retail/CPG/Food and Beverage
• Personal attributes: motivated self-starter; assertive; able to thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment and serve as a leader in the company and on the HR team
Compensation and Benefits Managers
7 to 10 years