HIGH NORTH LABORATORIES INC is Canada’s fastest growing analytical laboratory in the cannabis industry providing the cannabis industry with quick and reliable product testing to bring transparency and confidence to all cannabis transactions. We are committed to continuous quality improvement and innovation in our processes, and believe that a strong, cohesive, and committed team is a key success factor for High North.
Laboratory Chemist will support an GMP, ISO 17025, GLP, and GPP analytical laboratory in Vaughan, Ontario. Developing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's), providing analysis and feedback, and supporting a team of lab technicians will be critical to this role. The ideal candidate has 2-3 years of general lab experience and at least one-year laboratory experience in the regulated Cannabis sector.
Why Work for High North Laboratories?
We Value You: At High North, we believe that a positive employee experience is all about creating and maintaining a supportive and inclusive environment where every employee feels welcome. Every one of our dedicated team members brings a unique perspective and we value and encourage the contributions they make.
Growth: This role will leverage all your skills and afford you the opportunity to learn new ones. We invest in training and development in a big way, so you can build your future along with ours, creating an impactful career unique to you.
The Perks: You will enjoy a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental insurance; long-term disability; vacation and sick leave; paid holidays; and more.
- Responsible for supporting the supervision, guidance, and training of lab technicians
- Performing wet chemistry in an accurate, timely, and consistent manner
- Developing and implementing performance standards and a performance framework
- Sample processing, preparation, and extraction using evidence based best practice
- Data collection, analysis, interpretation, and meticulous record keeping
- Operation, calibration, and basic/routine maintenance of laboratory technology and software
- Creating, improving, and ensuring adherence to laboratory SOP’s
- Adherence to all Quality Assurance Control protocols and procedures, including applicable regulations of laboratory accreditations
- Develop a reporting process and report management protocols
- Maintain a safe and orderly laboratory environment
- Basic laboratory maintenance and support of laboratory operations.
Attributes of a High North Laboratories, Laboratory Chemist:
Great Communicator: You have excellent oral and written communication. You effectively communicate and coordinate effectively at every level.
Strong Project Manager: You are exceptionally skilled at juggling multiple tasks, allocating and optimizing resources and managing timelines. You manage a task from start to finish, and keep everyone appropriately informed.
Problem Solver: You like to solve a variety of problems – no task is too big or too small. You think ahead, consider all the variables, and anticipate challenges. You easily adapt to diverse range of duties and to overcome challenges constructively. You possess the ability to synthesize information to identify problems and solutions.
Detail Oriented: You are meticulously attentive to details, get it right the first time, and accurately keep track of all the moving parts.
Autonomous: Open adherence to the standards, guidelines, and operating procedures relevant to one’s role and as stipulated by organizational policy
Integrity & Transparency: You are self-confident and assertive, approachable, and responsive. You understand the mission, needs, and direction of the organization.
Adaptability & Agility: Ability to be receptive and accepting of new ideas, methods, and processes.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- BSc in Analytical Chemistry
- 2-3 years of analytical laboratory experience
- Preferred experience in Health Canada Licensing and regulatory processes
- The ability to motivate others, work well within a team, and lead the lab team to achieve objectives
- Strong work ethic, showing initiative, and following through on commitments
- Proficiency in excel, database user interfaces, and query software
- Effective time and people management
- Demonstrates knowledge of GMP and ISO 17025 requirements.
- Demonstrates competency in the operation, calibration, and qualification of common analytical instrumentation e.g., HPLC and wet chemistry technologies used in pharmaceutical quality control laboratories
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office suite, Chromatographic software, and LIMS
- Must pass a criminal background check, education/employment verification
- Must have received 2 doses COVID-19 vaccination.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Bonus pay
- Overtime pay
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Do you have knowledge of GMP and ISO 17025 requirements?
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Analytical laboratory: 2 years (required