Since the legalization of recreational Cannabis in October 2018, HEXO Corp has experienced incredible growth. As one of Canada's top Cannabis companies, we continue to advance in this exciting new industry along with the incredibly talented people we have working on the team.
HEXO Corp creates globally trusted brands of easy-to-use and easy-to-understand cannabis products. HEXO Corp is a serious, business-oriented and socially responsible organization that is building dynamic teams of professionals that aren't afraid to step outside of their role, try new things and challenge the status quo.
If you are excited to take on a new challenge and are open to getting out of your comfort zone, we're looking for people like you to join the HEXO Corp family.
Reporting to the Director, Financial Operations, the Plant Controller is accountable for managing the financial and control activities of the site. The role is focused on managing assets, meeting public reporting requirements, providing meaningful reporting internally, and effectively planning for and executing on the financial needs of the facility. Success in this role involves collaboration with other stakeholders in Finance, Operations, as well as others.
- Ensure accounting compliance with focus on validating controls with timely corrective actions
- Partner effectively with the business in managing a wide range of broad business issues and opportunities
- Develop and implement tools or dashboards that track and present key information for frequent management review; establish and adjust objectives as required
- Assume responsibility and strategic decision-making for the site's financial reporting, budgeting, accounting, planning & analysis, and audit requirements
- Ensure alignment with corporate financial requirements for effectiveness of management control and compliance with the governance requirements of a public company
- Review accounting and reporting principles, policies, and practices and make recommendations
- Identify opportunities for cost savings
- Strong costing experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience effectively managing accounting, reporting, forecasting and budgeting procedures, ideally for a publicly-traded company
- Proficient knowledge of technology tools and systems - has ideally worked with and participated in an ERP upgrade/implementation; experience with advanced ERP systems is considered an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills; proven ability to develop strong relationships throughout the business
- 3+ years of leadership experience
- Self-starter with strong project management skills and multi-tasking abilities
- Proven leader who enjoys walking the site and being a visible presence
- Post-secondary degree - finance, accounting or a related field
- CPA designation
- Bilingualism is considered an asset
HEXO cultivates an inclusive and respectful workplace. This includes treating everyone with dignity and fairness, and maintaining a workplace that is free of harassment, discrimination, and violence. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people from different backgrounds and capabilities. This diversity brings our organization a wealth of experience that builds a better team. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring and selection process.
- Pay Type Salary
- 120 Chem. de la Rive, Gatineau, QC J8M 1V2, Canada