At Harvest, our mission is to improve people's lives through the goodness of cannabis. We fulfill our purpose by creating life-enhancing experiences in the communities we serve, navigating our business lines with excellence and dedicating ourselves to shaping the future of cannabis. Our team connects with others, enlightening and empowering. We are looking for leaders who are inspired by our ideals and wish to grow with us as we continue our national expansion. While we are one of the largest multi-state operators in the country, we still operate with a startup mentality and prioritize execution in addition to strategy and ideation. If you value improving lives, joining the fastest growing and most unique industry in the world and establishing yourself as a leader in the space, we'd like to learn more about you.
Here Are a Few More Reasons Why Harvest Is a Great Place To Be
The Harvest Way is defined by our people. We seek individuals who are genuine, dedicated to shaping the cannabis industry, accountable with a strong sense of integrity, and who are driven to make an impact. We are committed to our values and have created a culture of trust which emphasizes working hard, but we also remember to have fun.
• Competitive pay and total compensation packages
• Attractive benefits
• Paid time off and employee rewards
• Professional growth and employee engagement initiatives
• A leading company in the fast-growing cannabis industry whose core business improves lives
We believe in building a diverse team, and we strive to make our company a welcoming space where everyone can make an impact on Harvest's success. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds to join us. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES *
As a General Manager, you will be a motivator and mentor with experience leading 20+ employees, as you will be inspiring a team of great people committed to creating a welcoming environment and making Harvest the #1 dispensary. The Retail General Manager must have good communication and interpersonal skills, strong leadership and motivational skills with high customer service expectations, and strong conflict resolution skills.
• Ensure maximum profitability and sales growth in all store functions by managing expense budgets, including deposits, accounts receivable, and profit and loss.
• Direct daily operations with full P&L responsibility at the store-level.
• Seek out new and innovative ways to increase business.
• Maintain quality customer service by establishing and enforcing company standards, handling customer inquiries, and resolving any complaints.
• Utilize management information tools and analyze financial reports to identify and address trends and issues in store performance.
• Coordinate with the Harvest retail ops, procurement and marketing team to understand the success of promotions, coupons, etc. and to recommend future promotions and sales.
• Perform inventory audits, assessments of productivity, and of new merchandise in partnership with other departments.
• Adhere to all cannabis state-specific regulations and laws, execute and enforce compliance efforts.
• Review dispensary environment and key business indicators to identify problems, concerns and opportunities for improvement in order to provide coaching to the team and take action to achieve operational goals.
• Train and develop direct reports to ensure successful growth month-over-month.
• Develop the store management team to deliver legendary customer service and patient care.
• Responsible for continued employee professional development and appreciation.
• Identify and address staff training and needs.
• In conjunction with Human Resources, oversee the recruiting, interviewing and hiring process to build a team to deliver legendary customer service and patient care Develop staff to achieve their full potential.
• Develop and lead daily, weekly and monthly all team meetings and managers meetings.
• Oversee schedule for the retail staff on a weekly basis including team member time-off.
• Maintain a positive attitude and instill the same in others to promote teamwork.
• Manage through challenging events to keep dispensary operating above standards.
• Manage with integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promotes culture, values and the mission of Harvest.
• Participate in ongoing education and professional development opportunities.
• Work collectively and respectfully with other team members.
• Additional duties as assigned by corporate management teams.
• At least 21 years of age and authorized to work in the US.
• Must successfully pass state law requirements to obtain applicable licensure and credentials.
• Proper employment documentation; reliable transportation and valid driver's license.
• 5+ years of experience in General Manager roles in a retail, hospitality, and/or sales setting is required-or equivalent.
• Cannabis experience strongly preferred.
• If necessary, ability to work 7 days per week (including holidays) and to be flexible with schedule.
• Previous success managing a location with P&L responsibility is required.
• Experience with recruiting, hiring, and team development is required.
• Experience with frequent interaction with customers, fulfilling the requests of customers, and taking responsibility for addressing customer issues, questions or suggestions.
• Ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities and meet deadlines, as well as strong conflict management skills.
• Knowledge of or willingness to learn state-specific cannabis laws and regulatory compliance is required.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
• Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
• Proficiency using MS Office applications.
• Good interpersonal skills and proven ability to positively influence people; must be capable of effectively interacting at all levels in the organization.
• Detail oriented with an eye on process optimization.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, to manage high stress situations, and to be flexible and adaptable when a situation requires it.
• Must have the ability to push, pull, or lift a minimum of 10 pounds if relevant to job duties listed above.
• Throughout extended periods, must be capable of sitting, squatting, standing, kneeling, bending, or walking throughout the work day.
• Must be capable of working in front of a computer for extended periods of time based on job duties listed above.
• Excellent communication skills and leadership both verbally and through written media
• Must be able to handle constructive criticism and guidance and offer the same to others in the department.
• Ability to articulate job goals in a manner in order to complete effectively the first time.
• Environmental Requirements and Exposure, depending on work location:
• Exposure to fertilizer, dusts, odors, high heat, low temperature, high and low humidity, high noise levels, vibrations, water, dry salts, allergens, pollen, dust, plant pathogens, other volatile organic compounds, and other environmental variables.
• Associate's or Bachelor's degree is desirable.
• Minimum High School or G.E.D equivalent is required.
• The above requirements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, and this job description may be amended at any time. Required experience, training, or educational requirements shall be as indicated or as deemed acceptable by Harvest management.
• Harvest is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation(s) to complete the application or interview process should notify Recruitment at [email protected]