GRIP is a full service, multi-state cannabis company. We do business in every aspect of the industry including real estate, licensing, owning and operating facilities, product development and sales. Our expanding organization is looking for ambitious, driven individuals who are ready to take over the cannabis world with us. We're hiring Cultivation Managers for multiple new facilities in the Penn Township/Kalamazoo area that are up to 50 acres in size. They hold up to 50,000 plants producing approx. 125,000 pounds of finished goods. The Cultivation Manager provides a key link between operations and cultivation. You will oversee up to 10 employees, depending on the size of the farm. Peak business is August-November. This position is for an experienced grower with advanced knowledge of crop production cycles, cultivars, greenhouse, and outdoor farming.
• Develop comprehensive plant grow schedules including IPM, Labor, Irrigation, Harvest, Strain, and Breeding.
• Manage and execute propagation plan to ensure there is a diverse selection and the strongest performing strains are available.
• Manage and execute plant spray, irrigation, and harvest schedules.
• Work with the construction team to plan and provide all necessary equipment needed for healthy plant growth.
• Establish objectives and track key performance indicators across the organization; ensure continued improvement in all balanced scorecard indicators with emphasis on Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory, Cost and Culture.
• Proactively champion a culture focused on Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS), driving a zero-incident culture. Empower employees and drive accountability for EHS to all levels in the organization.
• Establish inventory plans and proactively manage inventory to profit plan, driving improved and sustainable processes.
• Develop and cultivate relationships with key suppliers (internal and external) to ensure high quality relationships, products, and services.
• Continuously improve operations through alignment with GRIP goals and a strong focus on driving a Continuous Improvement Culture.
• Build organizational capability by providing leadership in recruiting, employee development, and communication. Ensure motivation and retention of a high-performance farm cultivation team.
• Demonstrate a leadership style that perpetuates the vision of GRIP.
• Minimum 3 years of growing experience at cannabis farms and indoor grows; or related industry such as horticulture or agriculture
• Minimum 3 years of experience of proven ability to build high performance teams, lead cross-functionality, and develop employees. This may include experience as a lead grower, head grower, assistant grower, or grower.
• Knowledge of plants, diseases, insects, and fungi, as well as plant treatment options
• Strong collaborative skills with proven ability to drive change and leadership ownership/accountability.
• Ability to provide leadership, performance results, organizational development, and operational improvement.
• Metrc experience
• Able to lift up to 30 lbs.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
• Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Crop Science, Plant Science, Horticulture or relevant work experience.
Salary: $map.get("vacancy_salary_details"). Date posted: 03/18/2022