Business Manager – Penn/Kalamazoo, MI
The Penn/Kalamazoo Farm Cannabis Operation is a key expansion for GRIP Cannabis. We are hiring for multiple farms in the Penn/Kalamazoo area that are up to 50 acres in size. They hold up to 50,000 plants producing approx. 125,000 pounds of finished goods. Employee count in the peak season (August-November) can be up to 150 team members. The Business Manager provides leadership and management of all HR and purchasing operations. They report to the General Manager of the Facility.
• Onboard new employees and manage all ongoing HR functions at the facility.
• Manage all facility expenses including purchasing, labor, and inventory. Develop relationships with key suppliers (internal and external) to ensure high quality relationships, products, and services.
• Responsible for all MRA compliance including facility requirements, HR, and inventory.
• Perform regular MRA compliance audits, report and correct any opportunities.
• Proactively champion a culture focused on Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS), driving a zero-incident culture. Empower employees and drive accountability for EHS to all levels in the organization.
• Create a culture of exceeding customer expectations, ensuring that the organization is highly responsive to customer needs. Work with key stakeholders across Marketing, Sales, HR, and Operations to achieve end-to-end goals.
• Establish inventory purchasing plans and proactively manage inventory to profit plan, driving improved and sustainable processes.
• Continuously improve operations through alignment with GRIP goals and a strong focus on driving a Continuous Improvement Culture.
• Build organizational capability by ensuring motivation and retention of a high-performance team and workforce.
• Demonstrate a leadership style that perpetuates the vision of GRIP.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or related field; or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum 2 years of experience working with high performance teams, leading cross-functionality, and developing employees.
• Minimum 2 years balancing a budget and order processing.
• Strong collaborative skills with proven ability to drive change and leadership ownership/accountability.
• Able to lift up to 30 lbs.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
• Advanced Microsoft and Outlook skills
• Agriculture and/or cannabis experience preferred
• Metrc experience
• $50-70,000 salary based on experience. Opportunities for advancement and incentives.
• Full-time, permanent employment
• Number of openings: 3
• Schedule is Monday-Friday 8am-5pm. Peak times may require flexible schedule to meet needs of the business.
• Benefits: Health, Dental, 401(k) matching, Vision, Life, Referral program, HSA
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year
• 401(k) matching
• Dental insurance
• Health insurance
• Health savings account
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Retirement plan
• Vision insurance
• 10 hour shift
• 12 hour shift
• 8 hour shift
• Day shift
• Monday to Friday
• Weekend availability
Work Location: One location