The Role The Asset Protection Specialist is the gatekeeper for our retail stores. We are looking for someone levelheaded and confident who is just as passionate as we are, about keeping all our patients, customers, and workers safe. In this role, you will be responsible for the security of all our assets and property in the dispensary as well as the regulation of access to our premises. Apply now to become a vital member of our growing team!
Responsibilities• Protect individuals, property, and proprietary information from harm or misappropriation
• Protect property from theft, embezzlement, sabotage, trespassing, fire, and accidents
• Observe and report any unlawful activity
• Control access to premises
• Investigate and take the appropriate lawful actions on accidents, incidents, trespassing, suspicious activity, safety, and fire
• Neutralize situations calmly with tact and common sense
• Watch for safety and fire hazards and other related situations
• Enforce policies and procedures of the company
• Aid customers, employees, visitors, or the public as necessary
• Perform requests by the customers within scope of security duties or within reason
• Train new security hires, and inform other staff of security procedures and policies
Qualifications• Military, law-enforcement, or security background strongly preferred
• Criminal Justice Degree, or relevant experience
• Training in firefighting, first aid or lifesaving drills
Additional Requirements• Must be 21 years or older
• Must pass all required background checks including state specific cannabis employment requirements
• Possess valid driver’s license or state ID.
• Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
• Requires open availability and ability to work full-time
Working Conditions• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions
• Ability to work in varying and sometimes adverse weather conditions when the business requires such as performing retail operations outside via curbside service, removing trash or other outdoor tasks.
Physical Demands• Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 30 pounds (100 pounds with assistance)
• Role includes standing or walking for prolonged periods of time, as well as stooping, sitting, bending over and/or crouching; ascending and descending ladder