Minimum 1 years of experience in production environments, preferably for the extraction and refining of botanicals oils.
Experience with production-scale chromatography is a relevant skill, and candidates with suitable experience will be given priority:
• Familiarity with solvent polarities and separation of mixtures using a solvent gradient;
• Experience using various silica gels for difficult separations;
• Experience in method development for chromatographic separations (analytical and production scales)
• Superior knowledge of multiple operational functions and principles including: production, employee management, finance and customer service,
• Proven ability to plan and manage operational process for maximum efficiency and productivity
• Ability to streamline and implement new structures and roles that create effective operating environments, efficiency, and support rapidly shifting business demands
• Strong working knowledge of industry regulations and legislative guidelines
• Experience in commercial or industrial-scale extraction, distillation, filtering, and or solvent removal strongly preferred;
• Experience working in a cGMP compliant environment;
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
• Maintains a positive “Doer” attitude in a fast-paced manufacturing environment;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Effective time-management and ability to multi-task;
• Experience developing production methods and authoring SOPs to operate equipment;
• Demonstrated ability to solve technical problems
Oversee the day-to-day operations and equipment maintenance.
Collaborate with executive-level management in the development of performance goals and long-term operational plans.
Optimize efficiency and productivity through extensive process analysis and interdepartmental collaboration.
Develop, implement and continuously improve techniques for the production and quality control of hemp-derived products.
Set strategic goals for operational efficiency and productivity.
Drive operational budgetary planning with assistance from internal resources.
Analyze current operational processes and performance, recommending solutions for improvement.
Stay current on literature in the field.
Manage internal quality control by producing product COA’s and compose and present QC reports to executive management.
Collaborate with outside resources to implementing cGMP compliant processes and developing and enforcing production-associated documents to support successful manufacture of products.
Develop cGMP-compliant SOPs for the operation of production equipment.
Oversee all quality control efforts for achieving continuous improvement of production practices.
Assist in training of staff on the manufacturing process.
Cleaning and maintenance of extraction and refinement equipment following current good manufacturing practices (cGMP) and standard operating procedures (SOPs); complying with legal regulations; monitoring the work environment.
Develop production data management system for daily production reporting.
Optimize documentation or production processes to improve, improve product quality and production efficiencies, and to reduce delivery time and product failures.
Accurate and consistent completion of corporate & environmental compliance reporting requirements.
Additional duties as required by executive management.
Develop, implement, and monitor day-to-day operational systems and processes that provide visibility into goals, progress, and obstacles for our key initiatives.
Build and maintain relationships with all department heads, external partners, and vendors to make decisions regarding operational activity and strategic goals.
Plan, monitor, and analyze key metrics for the day-to-day performance of the operations to ensure efficient and timely completion of tasks.
Devise strategies to ensure growth of programs enterprise-wide, identifying and implementing process improvements that will maximize output and minimize costs.
Uphold organization policies and standards, ensuring legislative regulations are followed.
Work closely with human resources to lead team with integrity and establish and maintain a trusting, inclusive, and productive environment.
Skills & Qualifications:
Process design for food or drug manufacturing (or similar), operations’ management.
Working knowledge of analytical chemistry for manufacturing quality control (analysis of complex botanical matrices using HPLC and/or GC).
Familiarity with production-scale chromatographic purification techniques (flash chromatography, CPC, or similar).
Familiarity and experience with supercritical CO2 extraction equipment.
Possess good communication skills, capable of communicating ideas to colleagues.
Basic understanding of physical chemistry in relation to phytochemical extraction and refinement.
BS in Chem/ Mech/ Elect engineering or similar qualification, with 5+ years’ experience working in an externally regulated production environment.
Direct experience with hemp/cannabis operations: 2 years preferred.
Able to lift 40 lbs and stand/walk for at least eight hours.
Must be 21 years of age or older
Ability to pass a background check