The Entry Level Grow Assistant is responsible for a variety of farming duties, including gardening and the upkeep of all Growth Phase garden areas, performing all hands-on duties in the facility, and transporting plants to different areas of the facility. The Entry Level Grow Assistant is expected to operate under the highest standards of compliance and professionalism.
Procedures, Productivity, and Quality:
- Preparing and loading tables according to standard operating procedures.
- Trellising tables according to standard operating procedures.
- Manicuring and spreading plants according to standard operating procedures.
- Harvesting plants according to standard operation procedures.
- Transport plants that are ready to be moved into different areas the facility.
- Cleaning and maintaining all equipment and materials.
- Adhere to all work safety requirements including but not limited to: lifting, bending, and move up and down ladders throughout shift.
- Perform regular cleaning and maintenance on work surfaces, tools, and related equipment to ensure the facility is well maintained.
- Ensure cleanliness of all areas in the facility.
- Maintain a positive attitude that creates a positive work environment.
- Keep doors closed when not in use.
- Wear protective clothing when working with plants.
- Before exiting the facility remove protective clothing and ensure that there is no cannabis on your personal clothing, shoes, or hair.
Compliance and Reporting:
- Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations through guidance from a manager or supervisor.
- Ensure that workflow and work procedures are documented and that appropriate controls and audits are in place to ensure data and processing integrity.
- Maintain a culture of professionalism.
- Must work in a focused, quick, and efficient manner.
- Other duties as assigned, including, but not limited to assisting other departments to help facilitate the additional and/or supplemental work such trimming, packaging, cleaning as needed throughout the facility.
- Works under the direct supervision of the Head Grower.
- This person does not supervise other employees.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 0-3 months of experience in a grow facility.
- Demonstrated ability to take and follow direction.
- Demonstrated ability to meet individual and team productivity goals.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication capabilities.
- Must posses appropriate work credentials from the Colorado Department of Revenue, MED.
- Able to kneel, bend, reach, rotate, and stoop on an intermittent to regular basis daily.
- Able to lift and move up to 50 pounds frequently throughout work hours on a daily basis.
- Regular and on-time attendance.
- Hours may occasionally exceed 40 hours per week.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.00 - $14.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
- Employee Badge issued by the Marijuana Enforcement Division (Required)