The Cultivation Technician is the backbone of the horticultural process at Sira Naturals. Through responsible care of all plants from initial propagation through harvest, the Cultivation Technician is essential to ensuring the purpose of Sira Cultivation is achieved—a scientific, data-driven, and no-nonsense approach to cannabis production. Sira Naturals is dedicated to becoming the foremost provider of sustainably grown premium cannabis products to our communities. Grown with Love.
- Assists in all aspects of cultivation operations including trellising, pruning, spacing, and overall canopy management.
- Ensures daily production schedule and goals set by Cultivation Manager/Team Leads are met.
- Completes proper transplanting techniques including substrate mixing, container filling, and transplanting.
- Assists in the setup, monitoring, and maintenance of irrigation systems and environmental controls.
- Performs plant destruction and plant waste destruction in compliance with Sira Naturals, local and state policies.
- Accountable for accurate tracking and logging of all plants by utilizing the inventory tracking systems in compliance with Sira Naturals, local and state policies.
- Maintains a high level of cleanliness of all Cultivation Equipment, Rooms, and areas as well as sanitation practices concerning handling of plants according to Company procedure.
- Assists in fostering a positive work environment, treat everyone with dignity and respect while perpetuating a curiosity for “everything cannabis”.
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong desire to produce a high-quality product.
- Able to demonstrate sound judgment and problem-solving.
- Must be 21 years of age or older as required by the Massachusetts Cannabis Control Commission.
- Able to pass all background checks as mandated by Massachusetts Cannabis Control Commission.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Prior experience working in agriculture/horticulture, packing houses, general production/retail greenhouses.
- Familiarity with Good Agricultural Practices/Good Handling Practices (GAP/GHP).
- Experience working in a regulated environment with a regulated and tracked substance.
- Experience working in a trade or in a manufacturing facility.
- Familiarity with WHO Guidelines for Medicinal Crops.
- Experience working with power tools and materials such as PEX, PVC, EMT, etc.
- The person in this position may be exposed to dust, kief, cleaning chemicals, and fumes. Although systems are in place to remove these byproducts, there is still exposure to some degree.
- Frequently works in rooms with bright light where eye protection is required.
- Frequently works in rooms with moderate heat and humidity.
- The person in this position is constantly exposed to moderate background noise due to environmental systems, equipment, and fans.
- Must be able to work on weekends or alternate shifts.
- Sitting, standing, and walking motion/movement will be required throughout the shift.
- Constant movement of hands/fingers and limbs; this position requires good manual dexterity, coordination, and stamina.
- Constantly positions self throughout task at hand.
- Frequently ascends/descends a ladder to inspect/maintain plants.
- Occasionally operates power hand tools and other cultivation machinery.
- Must be able to inspect and detect quality deviations and defects.
- Occasional lifting, positioning, or moving items up to 100 pounds.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Benefits and Perks
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance after 60 days for Full-Time Employees
- Voluntary: Life, Disability and Accident Insurance for all Employees
- 401k plan with match after 90 days Employment
- 2 weeks of Paid Time Off, 1-week Sick time for Full-Time Employees
- Employee discount program available to Employees with Medical Card
Ayr Wellness / Sira Naturals is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations