A leading design / build firm with expertise in luxury residential, retail, and commercial development is currently seeking a Construction Production Manager for their recently developed Cannabis Construction Division that specializes in building and designing anything from cultivation facilities to retail environments. This new area of expertise allows for accelerated growth and a hands-on approach with all projects - a chance to dive deep into cannabis operations with some large multi-state operators as clients.
This company is looking for a new team member who displays strong leadership, outstanding communication skills and a collaborative, relationship centric attitude. Needs to have confidence, independence and assertiveness to be hands-on from day one. This Project Manager will be working on design/build, custom residential and commercial renovation projects and direct the elevated experience from project estimation, bidding, through pre-construction, project launch, execution and closeout with the highest level of excellence. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in all construction methodologies and procedures and able to coordinate a team of trade contractors of different disciplines to achieve the desired results.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Perform on-site, daily job site visits. Remote based role, heavy travel involved.
• Develop and maintain strong, productive trade partner and vendor relationships.
• Collaborate with engineers and architects to determine all specifications of the project.
• Review and understand architectural and engineering drawings.
• Provide daily, on-site, project management and be responsible for all aspects of the project.
• Negotiate all trade and vendor pricing per project to reach profitable agreements.
• Determine needed site resources (manpower, equipment and materials) from start to finish with attention to the project budget.
• Plan all construction operations and schedule all work on-site to ensure deadlines will be met.
• Assist in ordering materials and supplies.
• Schedule deliveries on-site.
• Provide a daily client update including project progress report and photographs; keep a Daily Log of what took place on-site for each project.
• Communicate with the client daily about the project and be prepared to answer their questions.
• Award all trade contracts and allocate their responsibilities.
• Communicate quality and performance standards to all trade contractors and vendors.
• Strive for no-defect, no schedule delay construction.
• Supervise the work of each project on-site and provide guidance as needed.
• Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards on the jobsite.
• Schedule municipal inspections.
• Create the Project Close Out binder.
• Minimum seven (7) years of experience as a Residential and Commercial Construction Project Superintendent
• Organized, resourceful, self-starter
• A passion for delivering world-class service
• Friendly and sociable, a successful relationship builder
• A goal setter who is accountable to the team and client
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Experience working with Building Connected, Procore, Microsoft Excel and Word, FastTrack, Sage as well as any other scheduling, project management, or job costing software platforms
FlowerHire is on a mission to build a conscious cannabis community, one hire at a time. As the leading Cannabis Talent Agency and Platform in North America, FlowerHire has filled hundreds of positions in over a dozen US states since our inception in 2017, prior to California fully legalizing. FlowerHire works with marquee brands and multi state operators in all parts of the cannabis vertical. FlowerHire believes that the cannabis movement will continue to positively impact the human condition more than any other emerging industry in modern history. Our core values include Community, Authenticity, Transparency, and Execution. FlowerHire provides retained Executive Search and Contingent Staffing services for strategic hiring support. For candidates, FlowerHire offers white glove career support for those entering the exciting, but often misunderstood, Cannabis industry.
• Exciting opportunity to work with a leading design / build firm breaking into the cannabis industry!
• Competitive Base Salary
• Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
• Ongoing training and continuing education programs
• 401k including profit sharing
• PTO - paid vacation and holidays
• Cell Phone Reimbursement
Equal opportunity employer
FlowerHire is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law