Our client is well established and respected Colorado cannabis brand with the highest quality product on the market. They are expanding into Arizona and are looking for a Project Manager to built their cultivation and manufacturing facility in the Phoenix, AZ area.
This Project Manager position will play a pivotal role in our client's long-anticipated out-of-state expansion ambitions. This role will serve two key functions: 1) to manage the design through construction of several state-of-the-art cannabis cultivation and manufacturing facilities, and 2) to organize, to project manage, and to keep on task all work needed to bring the operations and support functions online in an out-of-state market.
This Project Manager will have the opportunity to work alongside best-in-class professionals as our client brings their ultra-premium products to new customers across new markets.
• Manage and lead all phases of the project from inception to project completion and handoff.
• Develop and maintain project plans, and budgets. Typical project size will be approx 100k SF / $20m.
• Manage the financial aspect of the construction process (PO’s/ Budgets/Job Close - Out).
• Ensure quality construction is being performed within established budget and schedule while retaining our standards of performance.
• Read and understand site status reports, contracts, electrical & HVAC diagrams and site plans.
• Interface with internal customers, engineers, suppliers, and subcontractors/consultants.
• Oversee and direct assigned work of sub-contractors and third-party vendors.
• Track and report progress and variances on weekly database trackers. Develop methods and procedures to capture and track critical engineering issues on an ongoing basis.
• Ensure contract scope and deliverables schedules are being met with minimal change order requests.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
• Proactively places a high priority on safety at all times and asserts that priority whenever and wherever needed
• Provides leadership to the entire project team, both internally and externally, beginning at the issuance of construction documents
• Develops professional relationships with the building owner, design professionals, and trade partners
• Promotes constructive working relationships, and a firm‐but‐fair approach with the building owner, design professionals, and contractors.
Planning, Scheduling, and Procurement
• Ensures that the project schedule is maintained, updated, communicated, and implemented in accordance with our commitment to the project, the owner, and trade partners
• Ensures that permits are obtained as necessary to facilitate the project schedule, including building, fire, health, right‐of‐way, stormwater, etc.
• Ensures that time and cost impacts to the project are evaluated and appropriate adjustments are made in the contract time and price
• Ensures that material contracting and subcontracting are completed, approvals obtained, and materials available to begin work in the field as required by the project schedule
• Evaluates subcontract and supplier proposals for the project and ethically negotiates best price, scope, and performance possible
• Prepares and negotiates subcontracts and material contracts for the project
• Ensures full compliance with and administration of all project general contracts and subcontracts
• Ensures understanding of occupancy certificate processes in all relevant jurisdictions and agencies
• Designs contracts to have clear handoffs and responsibilities for all parties involved
• Monitors and manages all costs and budgets for the duration of the project
• Submits and reviews with the Construction Manager each month, project progress report, and financial projections
• Develops and gains approval of planning, design and construction project plans, which outline the objectives of the project, scope of work, and project elements.
• Coordinates the vendor selection process; assists with contract negotiations and preparations then monitors projects for conformance to approved plans and contract specifications.
• Develops and monitors project budgets, which includes allocating resources and tracking and approving expenditures; prepares reports detailing the status of the project budget.
• Coordinates the work of consultants and team members who have been assigned responsibility for various portions of a project; confers with multi-disciplinary leaders to establish work plan responsibilities and scope of authority; ensures technical proficiency and productivity of project staff and arranges for training as necessary.
• Plans and conducts project meetings with stakeholders and team members; develops and maintains a communication plan and related project status reports for key stakeholders.
• Reviews and analyzes project changes requests and makes recommendations related to the execution of these requests.
• Performs project closure activities including release of contract and permanent team members from the project, and completing lessons learned and project implementation review of best practices.
• Bachelor/Technical degree or equivalent required. Masters degree a plus
• CCM, PMP, or equivalent certification required
• Proven experience managing large, complex projects required
• Experience with cultivation design-build projects preferred
• Proficiency with MS Office tools, including MS Project.
• Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbally)
• Proven time management skills and ability to be flexible to meet job demands
• Ability to sustain high levels of performance in a constantly changing environment.
• Exceed internal and external customer’s expectations on all projects.
• Monitor trends in the local construction market including pricing of materials and labor.
• Research design, construction alternatives, and value engineering opportunities that will drive innovation without compromising functionality or life cycle costs