An expanding single-state operator (SSO) who has large-scale manufacturing, retail, and cultivation operations in the Santa Barbara area is looking for an agile and experienced IPM Manager to join it's growing team. This operator produces cannabis products for one of the leading sustainably-focused brands in the California market.
The IPM Manager will be responsible for ensuring overall plant health for the more than 90+ acres of indoor, outdoor, and greenhouse production in coordination with the IPM Director. An ideal candidate for this position should have prior experience in an agriculture setting working as a pest control adviser or similar responsibilities dealing with integrated pest management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversee the IPM program in coordination with with the IPM Director
• Determine appropriate pesticide applications where appropriate
• Assist with overall daily responsibilities of guiding the field scouts
• Analyze any pest-related issue and respond appropriately with the proper techniques
• Research and quantify new products on the market that may assist with pest management
• Bachelor’s degree in Plant Science, Agronomy, Plant Protection, or other plant health-focused disciplines
• 2-5 years' experience in a similarly-focused position dealing with pest management
• Pest control adviser license and/or qualified applicators license
• Large-scale agriculture experience dealing with berries, avocados, citrus fruits, or other related crops
FlowerHire is on a mission to build a conscious cannabis community, one hire at a time. As the leading Cannabis Talent Agency and Platform in North America, FlowerHire has filled hundreds of positions in over a dozen US states since our inception in 2017, prior to California fully legalizing. FlowerHire works with marquee brands and multi state operators in all parts of the cannabis vertical. FlowerHire believes that the cannabis movement will continue to positively impact the human condition more than any other emerging industry in modern history. Our core values include Community, Authenticity, Transparency, and Execution. FlowerHire provides retained Executive Search and Contingent Staffing services for strategic hiring support. For candidates, FlowerHire offers white glove career support for those entering the exciting, but often misunderstood, Cannabis industry.
Equal opportunity employer
FlowerHire is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law