We are actively seeking Cultivation Managers with experience overseeing minimally 30k sq ft of canopy in Michigan! The ideal candidate has great people management skills and experience with automated systems. This person will be responsible for overseeing day to day cultivation activities and adjusting workflow and procedures in order to increase yields, efficiency and overall performance.
The Cultivation Manager will lead and manage employees, ensuring that production needs are met, things are in full compliance with all state and local regulations, and any procedural problems are addressed and resolved in a timely manner.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Oversee proper techniques related to cultivation; transplanting, pruning, defoliation, watering, feeding, and harvesting.
• Embrace and operate within our core values (People, Excellence, Accountability, Clarity, Engagement) daily.
• Manage plant germination and propagation through cloning efforts.
• Develop and adhere to cultivation schedules to ensure plants are healthy and prepared for the flower process.
• Enforce adherence to fertilization, irrigation, and feed schedules.
• Ensure plants are receiving proper illumination, irrigation, nutrients, pruning, pest and disease control.
• Schedule harvest of plants based on cultivation schedule and plant maturation.
• Ensure that the product is compliant with all relevant regulations and meets all standards established by the state.
• Ensure proper labeling, tagging, and traceability of plants, including plant counts, both physically and in METRC, and correcting plant inventory discrepancies immediately.
• Develop and update SOPs for cultivation and post-harvest processes, enforcing strict adherence throughout the facility.
• Assist with calculating production yields and determining areas of improvement for each harvest.
• Facilitate and oversee inspections using inventory and compliance audits.
• Conduct investigations when necessary - if inventory does not match production and transfer records.
• Monitor stock of cultivation supplies and equipment and work with Procurement to order supplies.
• Prepare reports summarizing harvest yields and conditions.
• Ensure accuracy of inventory.
• Oversee tracking compliance in METRC.
• Stay current with the latest grow solutions and technology. Establish relationships with suppliers as needed.
• Provide Job responsibility, HR management and task management for direct reports.
• Follow up from MRA inspections - correcting any issues identified.
Skills & Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in plant sciences and/or Agriculture related disciplines preferred
• 2+ years as a cultivator in a large scale indoor cannabis operation
• Experience with automated systems (ie. Priva, Argus, Growlink, etc.)
• Experienced with mixed light growing
• Ability to manage people and provide day-to-day supervision
• Ability to gather, track, and report on agricultural information obtained during harvest tracking
• Ability to develop and document SOPs
Physical Demands / Environment
• Available to work during Harvest and Testing activities
• Available to work 45+ hours per 7-day week
• Available to work Weekends when requested
• Able to lift 30lbs regularly
• OSHA and FDA knowledge a plus
FlowerHire is on a mission to build a conscious cannabis community, one hire at a time. As the leading Cannabis Talent Agency and Platform in North America, FlowerHire has filled hundreds of positions in over a dozen US states since our inception in 2017, prior to California fully legalizing. FlowerHire works with marquee brands and multi state operators in all parts of the cannabis vertical. FlowerHire believes that the cannabis movement will continue to positively impact the human condition more than any other emerging industry in modern history. Our core values include Community, Authenticity, Transparency, and Execution. FlowerHire provides retained Executive Search and Contingent Staffing services for strategic hiring support. For candidates, FlowerHire offers white glove career support for those entering the exciting, but often misunderstood, Cannabis industry.
Equal opportunity employer
FlowerHire is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law