Our client, a top-tier cannabis brand and retailer based in Southern California is seeking a Director of Technical Accounting. A CPA with strong technical accounting skills who will provide guidance on complex accounting issues and transactions. In addition, this individual will play a key role in driving continual improvement, researching new accounting rules, assist in the preparation of technical memos or accounting policies, and serve as SME on all things Technical Accounting. This person will play a key role in diligence and audit compliance requests.
• Accurate and timely preparation of internal/external financial statements under US GAAP
• Coordinate and work directly with external auditors, tax advisors, and various consultants.
• Maintain and update the accounting policy manual.
• Lead internal controls effort including designing and documenting appropriate procedures/best practices.
• Assist in managing the accounting for complex area such as equity, stock based compensation, goodwill/intangible impairment analyses, and fair value assessments.
• Assist in monthly balance sheet and P&L reviews that provide insight into key business drivers that are impacting financial results;
• Ensure quarterly SOX compliance activities are performed timely.
• Strong understanding of GAAP
• CPA or equivalent
• 5-8+ years technical accounting experience with at least 4 years at top-tier firm
• Excellent writing skills with demonstrated expertise drafting technical accounting memos.
• Ability to work on-site in LA 1-2 days per week
Nice to Have:
• Cannabis, consumer products or retail industry experience
• Experience with IFRS a plus
There is no visa or H1-B sponsorship available at this time.
We sincerely look forward to connecting with you soon
FlowerHire is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law