An established multi-state operator is building out their cultivation operations as they continue to grow within the MA market and increase their flower production. This Director of Cultivation should be well-versed in all aspects of growing healthy plants at scale and have a background managing at least 50k sf of flowering canopy and demonstrated capability of increasing plant health, yields and cultivation square footage . This hire will have complete oversight of Cultivation operations in their 2 indoor facilities outside of Boston and should have directly managed at least 40+ individuals. A proven track record of consistently producing high yields and experience growing cannabis with LED lighting is preferred.
An ideal candidate should have 4+ years experience in a similar capacity at another cannabis organization. Candidates who have experience using and implementing automated climate control systems (Priva, Hoogendoorn, Argus) and a solid understanding of crop steering fundamentals are highly sought after for this position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Create and improve quality standards and procedures for cultivation and post-harvest operations
• Oversee daily grow operations for the entire site and responsibly manage up to a team of 40
• Experience with training and development of staff
• Experience owning a P&L
• Experience using and implementing automated climate control systems (Priva, Hoogendorn, Argus)
• Prior experience managing at least 50k sf of flowering canopy
Skills & Qualifications
• Demonstrated understanding of Cannabis plant specifics and technical aspects (crop steering, etc.)
• Experience growing with different mediums, vertical grows, and LED lighting
• 4+ years' experience in the Cannabis industry
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Expert-level understanding of team management, business operations, and HR functions
• Prior experience in a start-up facility or environment
Physical Demands / Environment
• Available to work during Harvest and Testing activities
• Available to work 45+ hours per 7-day week
• Available to work Weekends when requested
• Able to lift 30lbs regularly
About FlowerHireFlowerHire is on a mission to build a conscious cannabis community, one hire at a time. As the leading Cannabis Talent Agency and Platform in North America, FlowerHire has filled hundreds of positions in over a dozen US states since our inception in 2017, prior to California fully legalizing. FlowerHire works with marquee brands and multi state operators in all parts of the cannabis vertical. FlowerHire believes that the cannabis movement will continue to positively impact the human condition more than any other emerging industry in modern history. Our core values include Community, Authenticity, Transparency, and Execution. FlowerHire provides retained Executive Search and Contingent Staffing services for strategic hiring support. For candidates, FlowerHire offers white glove career support for those entering the exciting, but often misunderstood, Cannabis industry.
Equal opportunity employerFlowerHire is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law