Want to join a fun, growing, dynamic company? Join us!
Signing Bonus Offered!
Title: Regional Manager
Location: Flight Cannabis
Benefits Joining our Team:
· Locally owned and operated
· Donation Matching
· Product discount and staff discount to all our brands
· In-house training and certifications
· Opportunity for growth and advancement/leadership development
· Refer a friend… we’ll pay you!
· Free lunches, snacks, and treats
· FUN working environment – theme days and annual parties
· Flexible schedule
· Socially responsible
· Competitive salary and bonus opportunities
· Inclusive culture
· Extended health and dental plan
· Paid volunteer days
· Anniversary bonus
· Education and tuition reimbursement
· Annual health and wellness reimbursement
Who is the Truffles Group?
Locally owned and operated, The Truffles Group has been advancing Vancouver Island’s hospitality, tourism and beverage retail industries for over 25 years. During this time, we have grown from 1 employee to over 350!
Guided by our founder Don Calveley’s entrepreneurial spirit and dedication to business excellence, The Truffles Group continues to push the boundaries of innovation and service to create memorable and lasting customer and employee experiences.
We continue to grow and build our business responsibly and ethically on a foundation and commitment to our core values: Quality, Integrity, Community, Growth, and FUN!
If you share our values, are entrepreneurial, and have a passion for creativity, service, and are strong at building relationships we want to hear from you!
Reporting to the Director of Operations and People for the Truffles Group, the Regional Manager for Flight Cannabis Co. has the overall responsibility and accountability to ensure the smooth, effective, efficient Operations of our Flight Cannabis Co. locations. The Regional Manager, Flight Cannabis provides regional level management, support, and leadership to all Flight Cannabis Co locations including reporting pertaining to market, product, and inventory analysis. This is a hands-on environment leading an emerging brand in an ever-evolving Cannabis landscape to become Vancouver Island’s Premier Cannabis Retailer while working closely with the management team to champion the great working environment & culture that has been created by Flight Cannabis Co and The Truffles Group. The Regional Manager will provide a culture of knowledge, engagement, and trust for our team and guests. The Regional Manager, Flight Cannabis will ensure all policies and procedures are being followed, coach for an elevated guest and team experience, research and develop new procedures to drive efficiency, and ensure operational consistencies between all Flight Cannabis locations.
- In conjunction with Flight General Managers and The Director of Operations and People, develop, execute and review Flight Cannabis Co.’s strategic plan.
- In conjunction with Flight General Managers conduct financial reviews, assist with budget analysis, and consistently seek areas to minimize costs and maximize profit.
- In conjunction with Flight General Managers order product and maintain inventory systems that are compliant with municipal, provincial, and federal regulations.
- Working with the Marketing Manager the Director of Operations and People, lead sales and marketing initiatives, provide ongoing review and development of marketing tactics.
- Ensure all Flight Cannabis Co. process and procedures are compliant with municipal, provincial, and federal government regulations and that the business is in a “always ready” audit state.
- In conjunction with the Director of Operations and People, provide leadership support for Flight Cannabis Co. General Managers including but not limited to, ongoing training and development, performance evaluations and provide regular audits of evaluation schedules.
- In conjunction with the Human Resources Manager, recruit salaried team members.
- In conjunction with Flight General Managers, assist in the recruitment of hourly team members.
- Provide scheduled relief to support General Manager’s vacation and time off requests.
- Responsible for content creation and administration of Moodle based e-learning system and other learning initiatives.
- Train Flight General Manager’s and team members in using Moodle based e-learning system and other learning initiatives.
- Develop, review, and implement policies and procedures for Flight Cannabis that are in line with Government Regulations, Head Office polices and initiatives.
- In conjunction with the Human Resources Manager develop and maintain culture in line with Head Office strategies and initiatives.
- In conjunction with the TTG Executive Team, and Marketing team maintain, review, and develop brand standards, awareness, and customer loyalty.
- In conjunction with Flight General Managers, provide facilities and buildings support in maintaining of retail and back spaces.
- Provide support and direction to General Managers and team members on use of point-of-sale system.
- Support, maintain, and provide quality assurance of E-Commerce platform.
- Additional tasks / responsibilities as required.
- Updates job knowledge by remaining aware of new operational and leadership processes, government regulations, participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications and maintaining strong community and business relations.
- Such other and unrelated duties as may be assigned from time to time by the employer.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- 3 + years in retail (sales and customer service) with management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant combined experience
- Must have a strong business acumen
- Passion and strong knowledge of cannabis products, methods of consumption, and other industry specific information
- Have ability to understand trends and perform market analysis
- Experienced with merchandising and thinking outside of the box to create promotions
- Self-motivated, able to work independently in a fast-paced work environment
- Able to manage multiple priorities and handle a wide array of guests, team members and GM’s needs
- Effectively lead and develop Flight teams including but not limited to, coaching, building team morale, and performance management
- Driven to provide excellent customer service while elevating guest and team experiences
- Highly motivated and results driven with a proven track record in sales
- Exceptional attention to detail, well-organized and reliable
- An aspirational attitude with a fun and positive personality while still being professional and eager to succeed
- Enjoys collaborating and contributing to a group environment.
- Welcomes change and adjusts quickly to accommodate the business’s needs.
- Selling It Right is required
- Able to analyze available information and make decisions relating to budget, financial reports, inventory, and product procurement.
- Having cannabis industry professional experience is an asset
- Professionalism and the ability to communicate effectively with guests, team members and all other stakeholders.
- Ability to consistently work weekdays; the flexibility to work nights, holidays, and weekends
- Strong work ethic and willingness to learn with excellent communications skills; both verbal and written
- 2 – 3 years experience with business related software; Office 365, Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Retail Point of Sale systems (preference to cannabis specific software)
- Must have valid class 5 drivers license and have own transportation, weekly travel is required
As a Truffles Group team member, you will…
- At all times faithfully, industriously, and to the best of your ability, experience, and talents, perform your job responsibilities to the reasonable satisfaction of your Employer.
- Work at such locations as the Employer may from time to time require.
- Use your best efforts to promote and advance the Business and the affairs of the Employer.
Hours of Work
The hours of work may vary and may be irregular and will be those hours required to meet the requirements of your job.
We value you!
Your background, your perspective, your uniqueness, your talent.
We value all things that make you, YOU!
The Truffles Group is an equal opportunity employer. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please reach out to our human resources department at https://www.trufflesgroup.com/contactus.
If this position sounds like a perfect fit for you, please send us your resume and cover letter.
Successful applicants must be fully vaccinated (defined as 14 days having elapsed since receipt of a second dose of one of the COVID-19 vaccines approved for use in Canada and compliance with any other related public health order, recommendations or guidelines respecting vaccination) and show proof of vaccination as a condition of employment and prior to starting work.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the employee assigned to this position. There is no exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, physical job demands and working conditions associated with this position.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Application response rate: 100%
Hiring 1 candidate for this role