Processing Lab Manager
Processing Lab Manager will provide oversight and management of day to day operations of the processing department in their designated operation. Work with Director and VP of Processing on scheduling, staff hiring, production schedules, equipment and consumables ordering, research and development for new products. Will also manage lab techs, scheduling, material and product inventory, daily production, work with packaging for final product, coordinate testing, coordinate with fulfillment manager for outgoing orders, overseeing equipment maintenance, manage intakes for the analytical lab for both the cultivation and processing departments, and daily manufacturing of products for the company.
Job Duties/Essential Functions
- Performing tasks and facility maintenance as directed by Director and VP of Processing, including extraction, formulation, distillation, inventory management, waste management, consumables management, team management, production scheduling and keeping records.
- Keeping clothing and tools clean and well-organized
- Take care of lab equipment and equipment maintained
- Trouble shoot daily issues with production operations and team members
- Contributing to a healthy and compliant atmosphere in the Processing Department
- Anticipate and manage FRX production schedule to ensure operations support the growing patient demand
- Oversee formulations of a variety of high-quality medical cannabis product types
- Ensure operations comply with all regulations, policies, and procedures relating to safety, security, and health
- Ability to master and operate all equipment in a laboratory-type environment
- Ensure consistency and efficacy of product through quality control testing and procedures
- Adopt and promote a high energy culture that stresses close communication and teamwork amongst all labs and departments
- Ensure best practices exist for recruiting, hiring and training lab teams on extraction and refinement within lab facilities.
- Research extraction and refinement processes to ensure they meet or exceed industry standards
- Conduct and oversee in cannabis product formulation and processing, i.e. vape oil post-processing techniques, winterization, separation, isolation, product refinement, fractional distillation, etc.
- Familiarity with OSHA guidelines for dealing with hazardous chemicals
- Knowledge of laboratory best practices including data entry, cleanliness, and systems
- Adapt and thrive in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
Essential Job Functions:
Ability to accurately perform the functions within the processing lab as directed by the Director of Production
Ability to lift 50+ pounds safely.
Conducting oneself professionally and with good common sense.
Ability to assist in electronic record-keeping such as MJ Freeway/METRC.
Experience, skills, education & licenses/certifications
Completed Orientation Training which include:
- Proper Handling of Cannabis and Extracts
- Anti-diversion Training, Including Zero Tolerance Policy
- Medical Emergency Response
- Armed Robbery/Burglary Response
- Criminal Incident Response and Reporting
High School Diploma or GED required.
Bachelor’s or higher preferred.
Ability to pass criminal background check.
Ability to pass drug screening.
Must be current on annual safety training within 30 days of hire.
Food Safety certification to be completed within 90 days of hire.
Experience in any relevant trades, including chemistry, engineering, food handling, etc.
Management will review the Job Analysis for this position prior to a job offer.
Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability
is needed to meet the needs of the business.
If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Laboratory: 3 years (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place