Who we are Eaze is a cannabis software platform and marketplace that connects adult consumers with licensed dispensaries and products. Eaze uses a sophisticated logistics and technology platform to provide fast delivery of a broad variety of cannabis products across California. We are on a mission to enhance safe access to legal cannabis, educate people about cannabis as a tool for wellness, and drive smart cannabis policies. What you'll do We're looking for a Sr. Analytics Engineer to join the Analytics Team and leverage our data and support internal stakeholders such as Data Science, Product, Operations, and Marketing. We are looking for someone well into their career with solid analytical grounding and intuition along with engineering skills to help distill data into insights and support Eaze.You will work on Python code, write queries against MSSQL, Postgres databases. You will use tools such as Segment, Redshift and Airflow. Visualization tools include Mode Analytics, Chartio and Tableau. We empower our engineering teams to use the right tool for the job and encourage learning new things.
• Provide insights to stakeholders through building data visualizations, reporting, alerting, or creating new data sources
• Be an expert on the data in our database, know every in and out of the data, and how to apply that data to support Eaze
• Transform data with whatever tool is best for the job, whether that is SQL, Python, or some other tool
What you bring
• 6+ years of experience in engineering and building dashboards
• Fluency in Python
• Fluency in SQL (the words SQL-Ninja resonate with you)
• Familiarity with ETL workflows
• Experience using dashboard tools such as Mode, , Tableau, etc.
• Ability to familiarize and understand client pain paints, and translate into insight
• Solid writing, communication, and presentation skills Why you should join In joining the Eaze team, you'll be welcomed into a small but dedicated engineering organization. We are a highly collaborative team built on trust and patience. We learn from each other and provide support for when things inevitably don't go as planned. Every engineer is encouraged to own their work and drive projects regardless of tenure or title.As an organization, we are keenly aware of the injustice of the war on drugs - which for so many years has been used to incarcerate black and latinx people on a massive scale. We are always trying to do our part to support these communities, whether it's through the promotion of or through our accelerator program.We are committed to growing a diverse and welcoming team in a safe space to be yourself and learn from your colleagues. Minorities, women, and LGBTQIA+ people are encouraged to apply Where we can hire Eaze has offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles, but our engineering organization is fully remote and distributed all across the United States About Eaze , a cannabis marketplace, is on a mission to enhance safe access to legal cannabis, educate people about cannabis as a tool for wellness, and drive smart cannabis policies. We work to achieve this by connecting adult consumers with licensed dispensaries and products; programs to help consumers make informed choices, and sharing market insights with industry partners, regulators, and the public through its Eaze Insights program .Eaze Engineering has a friendly, welcoming environment, and a team that cares deeply about diversity and inclusion. We offer competitive salaries and benefits but more importantly, meaningful work, and a sustainable work-life balance. We're still small and growing, so there's opportunity to grow with us.We are an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourage people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Eaze does not discriminate by race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law