Founded in 2017, Dutchie is a comprehensive technology platform powering dispensary operations, while providing consumers with safe and easy access to cannabis. Dutchie aims to further support the positive societal change the cannabis industry brings to the world through wellness benefits, social justice, and empowering local communities through tax revenue. Powering thousands of dispensaries across 40+ markets throughout the United States and Canada, Dutchie is the leading technology company in the cannabis space and was named in Fast Company’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in North America and listed two years in a row on LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups.
Dutchie has raised over $600M in funding to date, backed by D1 Capital Partners, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DFJ Growth, Thrive Capital, Howard Schultz, Snoop Dogg’s Casa Verde Capital, Gron Ventures, members of the founding team at DoorDash, Kevin Durant’s Thirty Five Ventures, and other notable angel investors.
About The Role
It is an exciting time as we are in the early stages of building our team. As a Senior Data Analyst in the Data Platforms team, you will develop, implement, and maintain methods that involve developing data visualization frameworks, tools, and analytics applications that provide teams with insights into customer behavior, product performance, etc. You will partner with business/product analysts and analytics engineers to identify data requirements, define business logic, and build complex business-level visualizations around KPIs and business performance. Additionally, you will ensure the correct implementation of business logic and data accuracy at the datasource layer. Most of your work will be in SQL, dbt, and BI tools (we use Looker), where you will be analyzing and visualizing trends, insights, and recommendations to partners in the business and product.
If you are a self-starter and a detail-oriented person who wants to work in a fast-paced environment, we would love to hear from you.
What You'll Do
• Define business logic and build company-wide visualizations for KPIs and overall business performance for business and product organizations
• Use SQL to query core data warehouse tables, and create your tables & views as needed using dbt
• Perform ad-hoc analyses for requests that cannot be answered via existing dashboards
• Work cohesively with stakeholders to understand their issues top-to-bottom, break down those complex problems into critical components, and provide timely and effective data solutions
• Build, maintain, and document complex calculations and data models for reporting
• Improve data quality in both our business intelligence and transformed data layers
• Help establish the data team’s best practices and standards to ensure high-quality work as we continue to grow
What You Bring
• 5+ years of relevant experience in a data analyst role
• Experience writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries
• Experience working with Snowflake (BigQuery, Redshift) to analyze and transform data
• Experience building advanced visualizations that are easy to understand in Looker, Tableau, Sisense, Power BI, or similar tools
• Business acumen to be able to understand which data products and insights will be actionable to stakeholders
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work with non-technical partners and understand the business value of data products
• Project management skills and a demonstrated ability to work autonomously
• Familiar with version control tools like Git, dbt and Airflow, or willingness to learn
• Proven ability to define KPI & metrics
• Analytical mindset, with strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Nice to have: familiarity with Python, Spark, R coding language, Airflow
• Competitive Salary
• Full Benefits - Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
• Flexible vacation and sick days
• Technology (hardware, software, reading materials, etc..) allowance
At Dutchie, we’re committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Dutchie believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool