COMPANY & JOB OVERVIEW:
Come work for Dreamfields! We are the cannabis company who makes the #1 pre-roll in California - Jeeters! We are growing extremely fast and need to immediately hire an experienced, hands-on, energetic, and engaged Production Manager to oversee a large team (approx. 100+ employees) of hourly employees in a growing, fast-paced, regulated cannabis production and manufacturing environment. Come grow with Dreamfields long term and experience this high growth and exciting new industry!
The Cannabis Production Manager will manage day-to-day operations and employees in a regulated, cannabis production and packaging operation located in Desert Hot Springs, CA. This position will plan, coordinate and control manufacturing processes so that products are delivered on time and within budget. This position includes managing a team of 100+ hourly Production Technicians engaged in producing several cannabis products including multiple sized pre-rolls (both hand-rolled and automated), infused products, vape cartridges, etc. You will be taking cannabis from is raw form to a finished packaged product ready to be delivered to the dispensaries.
THIS IS NOT MANAGEMENT OF A CULTIVATION OR GROW .... THIS IS MANAGEMENT OF THE MANUFACTURING AND PRODUCTION OF OUR CANNABIS PRODUCTS.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain production room operations by initiating, coordinating, developing and enforcing SOP's, compliance policies and standard operational procedures.
- Work closely with production employees to implement consistent training, encourage growth and enforce compliance and SOP's.
- Keep track of tardiness, absences, time off requests, and the overall whereabouts of you team in order to enforce time and attendance policies daily.
- Maintain accountability of your team and its production numbers daily.
- Train and assist production team members to help optimize operations for mass production.
- Identify research areas that could lead to the development of new products.
- Interact with Executive Team members to address regulatory compliance questions and provide solutions to problems.
- Work closely with executive management and regulatory compliance to solve problems, report numbers, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree and/or equivalent manufacturing & production management or supervisory experience
- Minimum 5+ years of manufacturing/production leadership experience in a highly regulated environment (preferably in cannabis manufacturing or production), including working knowledge of manufacturing facets such as continuous improvement, team building and training, safety, KPI's, quality, and customer service.
- Experience in the following functional areas: production planning and scheduling, manufacturing, distribution, raw materials purchasing, inventory planning controls, and strong employee management. A Minimum of 3+ years as an effective and engaged employee manager and team leader for 75 or more employees.
- Experience with data collection, results interpretation, and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail with a production quota driven mindset.
- The ability to work in a team, encourage growth and implement training as well as motivate and monitor staff.
- Knowledge of process improvement, SOP's, KPI's, and Production reporting required.
- Exceptional communication skills and a passion for leading people.
- Must be able to effectively multi-task and problem solve in a fast-paced environment with the ability to manage, motivate and train others to achieve required goals.
- A general understanding of machines and maintenance requirements.
- Strong computer skills required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs, etc.)
SKILLS NEEDED FOR SUCCESS:
- Demonstrate engaged and professional leadership in a way that always provides a good example to team members.
- Ability to manage a large team of 100+ employees in a regulated and continually changing environment.
- Have a collaborative attitude and work closely with our Production Director as well as with other managers and business team members.
- Effective at time management, detail-oriented, highly organized, and motivated by meeting or exceeding quotas and goals.
- Ability to present ideas effectively and communicate well with all levels of management.
- Work within a team environment on a variety of programs and projects at the same time.
- Ability to communicate ideas for process improvements and other ideas about improving efficiency and bandwidth.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
2nd Shift: 2:30pm - 11:00pm; Monday to Friday
Dreamfields is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer