Production Planning Manager
Director of Supply Chain
Production, Third Party Manufacturers, Suppliers, Logistics, Quality
Role Purpose/ Summary:
Our Planning manager will be responsible for the end-to-end supply chain planning with regards to demand and production planning, replenishment of packaging and raw materials and the management of third-party manufacturing supply. This role would also be responsible for the facilitation of the S&OP process, implementation of MRP and MRPII and overseeing the movement of all inventory materials, intercompany transactions and managing several direct or indirect reports within the supply chain and logistics positions.
Decibel is uncompromising in the process and craftsmanship needed to deliver the highest quality cannabis products and retail experiences. Decibel has three production houses operating or under development along with its wholly owned retail business, Prairie Records. More information can be found at www.decibelcc.com
A collaborative work environment that is supportive and encouraging. We do not believe in the dated culture of a dog-eat-dog workplace – we’re all in this together and we fundamentally believe that success and learning are team accomplishments. We celebrate the collective and believe every role on the team is pivotal – regardless of years of experience.
Our current team is close knit. Anyone who joins the team will be a compliment to the positive, determined energy that flows through dB. You can expect to learn a lot quickly, from passionate and experienced individuals who are committed to supporting your growth.
We live by our “Actions to Live By”. We Grind (persistence and resourcefulness), We Craft (taking care in every detail) and We Care (inclusive and passionate about our business).
• Responsible for efficient planning of all internal (conversion and cultivation plants) and 3rd party manufacturing activities.
• Facilitator of the S&OP process ensuring all information is consolidated between sales, procurement, and manufacturing.
• Assist and facilitate the generation of a quantified sales plan in relation to historical demand, promotional activities, and new product development process.
• Manage the demand and supply review cycles and provide continuous feedback to internal and external stakeholders
• Prepare long and short-term capacity plans based on supply requirements and support of the sales plan.
• Implement MRP and MRPII in full. Set up inventory policies based on optimized production cycles, lead times and warehouse capacity.
• Maintain routings and relevant manufacturing data rates, set-up times and cost information
• Investigate and review lost sales trends by sku and category, change in sales trends and performance against sales plan
• Develop supply scenarios to continuously improve service levels and optimize production capabilities.
• Support new product development process and life cycle management by proactively create new sku’s, manage stock run outs and reduce write offs of packaging and raw materials
• Review working capital trends monthly and adjust supply plans accordingly
• Other duties as assigned
What we can offer you:
• Competitive base salary
• Group health and dental benefits through Group Source
• Huge opportunities for career progression as our organization continues to grow
• A leadership team dedicated to every employee' s development and success
• University degree, with a focus on supply chain management, inventory control, manufacturing, or materials management
• Six Sigma or Supply chain designation considered an asset
• 5 years of direct work experience in a supply chain management position with direct reports
• Direct working knowledge of production and demand planning processes, MRP set ups and implementation, sales and operations planning process.
• Knowledge of the cannabis industry is an asset
• Proficient in the entire MS office suite, in particular Excel
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• High attention to detail and processes
• Able to multi-task efficiently.
• Excellent planning and resource allocation skills
• Demonstrated ability to add value
We will be evaluating the ideal candidate against these three things:
1) If they are a team player with a can-do attitude.
2) If they have demonstrated the ability to grow and develop their skillset.
3) If they are inspired to innovate and continuously improve the way they do their work.
A lot of the above skills can be taught but bottom line is, we are most interested in those who have the right attitude.
Not sure if you are the right fit but still curious? Reach out, we would love to chat!
Equal opportunity employer:
Decibel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Decibel does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications and business needs