Cannabis Grow Support Technician
• Cannabis Grow Support Technician performs manual labor to assist in the maintenance and fulfillment of growing cannabis, including, but not limited to; feeding, flushing, pruning, trellising, IPM, cloning, transferring, transplanting, and general equipment upkeep under the supervision of the Grow Manager and/or Cultivation Lead. Attention to detail is extremely important. The ideal candidate will excel as a team member within a tightly controlled, state regulated system and timelines.
• *Must have a valid Nevada Cannabis Cultivation Agent Card**
• Manage marijuana plants with great attention to detail: Pruning, thinning, defoliation, transplanting, moving/transfer plants, watering, mixing nutrients, trellis, IPM applications, propagation, harvesting.
• General cleaning and maintenance duties around the grow facility to keep an organized work environment.
• Monitoring plant pests, diseases, and other perils for spotting issues before they become a problem.
• Assist Trim/Packaging departments with Harvest, prepping cut trellis, and cleaning duties.
• Follow GMP protocols and follow Good Agricultural Practices (GAPs).
• Manage marijuana plants, giving each individual plant the attention it needs.
• Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The employee will be expected to work inside in a controlled warehouse/greenhouse and growing atmosphere and must have suitable clothing.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• The employee must be ability to lift up to 65 pounds and be able to maneuver between growing tables that are 24 inches apart. The employee must also be able to repeatedly carry 15-20 pounds the length of warehouse/greenhouse.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
• This is a full-time position. Standard facility hours are daily from 6:00 a.m. through 6:00 p.m. The employee may be asked to work weekends as needed.
• No travel required.
• Must be 21 years of age.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• 1 - 2 years experience as an individual contributor. Basic math skills.
• Communication Proficiency.
• Time Management.
• Self-directed, organized, and detail-oriented with strong problem solving and decision making skills.
• Able to work efficiently and accurately.
• Flexible, collaborative, team-oriented person with good communication skills.
• Must be a dexterous, adaptable individual.
• Must possess the ability to execute techniques consistently
• Must possess the ability to work effectively and in a cohesive team atmosphere with all areas.
• Must be able to work in a safety aware environment.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
• There is no visa or H1-B sponsorship. Candidates must successfully complete a criminal record screening or FBI Fingerprints requirements.
• Successful completion of a thorough personal reference check and background check from the Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health. Note that any applicant with a violent felony or drug-related offense (Conclusion of sentence, probation, and/or incarceration within the past 10 years) is not eligible to become a dispensary agent.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Source is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
• Work Remotely
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
• 8 hour shift
• On call
• Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
• Las Vegas, NV 89118: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
• High school or equivalent (Preferred)
• Greenhouse & Nursery Growers: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location