From $19 an hour
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
Pulled from the full job description
Extended health care
Full Job Description
At Cronos Growing Company (GrowCo), we are focused on developing and retaining a motivated and highly skilled team. We are working towards building one of the strongest brands in the global cannabis industry. We are in the process of building a world-class, high functioning team. The working environment will provide several great opportunities for growth and career development.
We are looking for talented people with a passion for agriculture and the cannabis industry, an excitement for innovative technology and research, and a thirst to learn. Want to get involved? We want to hear from you!
If you value ethics, love finding creative solutions, and have a passion for compliance, then this is the job for you! As a member of the growing team, reporting to the IPM Supervisor or designate; the Scout is a vital role to ensure that pests, diseases, and plant health issues are detected early on. This role requires the applicant to be detail oriented and a self-starter that can work with a diverse team of professionals. The Scout position is part of a highly skilled, highly motivated group that requires an eye for quality in each step of the growing process. This position is based out of Kingsville, Ontario.
· Daily monitoring and scouting of pest, disease, and plant health.
· Supervision of IPM protocols of pest and disease management.
· Compiling IPM and conventional reports for review.
· Monitoring efficiencies of control measures used.
· Verification of pest and disease infestation trends.
· Maintaining up to date records.
· Planning and organizing scout duties as required.
· Assist in other duties as required.
· Horticulture, hydroponic vegetable/cannabis greenhouse education and/or experience is an asset.
· Pesticide license or Assistant’s license an asset
· Knowledgeable of hydroponic cannabis pests and disease identification
· Good verbal and written communicator
· Must be computer literate.
· Must be honest, forthcoming, flexible, reliable, and respectful to others.
· Must have a minimum of 1-year hands on experience (hydroponic vegetable or cannabis)
· Work environment can be warm and humid.
· Able to wear the appropriate PPE including a full-face mask and spray suit as needed.
· Lifting up to 50 lbs. on regular basis.
· Standing & walking for long periods of time.
· Frequent bending, kneeling, and reaching.
· Ability to perform a series of repetitive operations requiring manual dexterity and visual acuity.
· Able to work flexible hours including weekends.
NOTE: Job Description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Cronos GrowCo supports a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals in the job application process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, Casual
Salary: From $19.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kingsville, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- English (preferred)
Work Location: One location
Application response rate: 66%
Hiring 1 candidate for this role