At Cronos Growing Company (GrowCo), we are focused on developing and retaining a motivated and highly skilled team. We are working towards building one of the strongest brands in the global cannabis industry. We are in the process of building a world-class, high functioning team. The working environment will provide several great opportunities for growth and career development.
We are looking for talented people with a passion for agriculture and the cannabis industry, an excitement for innovative technology and research, and a thirst to learn. Want to get involved? We want to hear from you!
If you value ethics, love finding creative solutions, and have a passion for cannabis, then this is the job for you! As a member of the growing team, the Assistant Grower is a vital role to ensure that plant health is monitored and maintained according to Health Canada Regulations and Operational Requirements. Reporting to the Head Grower or designate, this role requires the applicant to be detail oriented and a self-starter that can work with a diverse team of professionals. The Assistant Grower position is part of a highly skilled, highly motivated group that requires an eye for quality in each step of the growing process.
This position is based out of Kingsville, Ontario.
· Assist the grow team in all production and postproduction activities as needed. Participate in all cultivation activities.
- Monitors plant development to ascertain conditions and the existence of pests or disease; reporting substandard or diseased plants to maintain quality standards.
- Proactively assess and report problems as they may appear.
- Participate in quality and productivity improvement initiatives.
- Assist irrigation management which includes collecting daily water samples.
- Recommend corrective actions such as removal of plants or remedial treatments as appropriate.
- Inspect assigned growing areas on a daily basis to assess the crop, possible challenges, and assist in evaluating greenhouse environment and irrigation strategy.
- Monthly inspection of greenhouse to meet health and safety requirements.
- Assist IPM team to ensure timely and effective biological or chemical treatment of pests & disease.
- Communicate with other departments to ensure timely and effective achievements in all greenhouse operations, including crop work, harvesting, and facility maintenance.
- Calibration, maintenance, and sanitation of all grow related equipment and areas.
- Other duties as required.
- Knowledge of the Health Canada regulations for cannabis (SOR-2018-144).
- Experience in a regulated organization (GMP, GAP, GPP, HACCP).
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field preferred (or combination of education and experience).
- Minimum of 1-2 years of commercial growing experience.
- Knowledge of ERP and WMS systems an asset.
- Ability to work on weekends and non-office hours due to facility and crop requirements.
- Work experience with a Canadian Licensed Producer (LP) is considered an asset.
- Fluent in Spanish is considered an asset.
- Forklift experience is an asset.
- Health Canada Security Clearance and work experience with a Canadian Licensed Producer (LP) is considered as an asset.
- Weekend Rotation and on-call for alarms and other emergencies.
· Work environment can be warm and humid.
· Able to wear the appropriate PPE including a full-face mask and spray suit as needed.
· Lifting up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
· Standing & walking for long periods of time.
· Frequent bending, kneeling, and reaching.
· Ability to perform a series of repetitive operations requiring manual dexterity and visual acuity.
· Able to work flexible hours including weekends.
We offer a competitive competitive salary and benefits package.
NOTE: Job Description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Cronos GrowCo supports a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals in the job application process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
Work Location: One location