Cronos Group is an innovative global cannabinoid company with international production and distribution across five continents. Cronos Group is committed to building disruptive intellectual property by advancing cannabis research, technology and product development. With a passion to responsibly elevate the consumer experience, Cronos Group is building an iconic brand portfolio. Cronos Group’s portfolio includes PEACE NATURALS™, a global health and wellness platform, two adult-use brands, COVE™ and Spinach™, and two hemp-derived CBD brands, Lord Jones™ and Happy Dance™.
At Cronos Group, we hire talented people who thrive on solving difficult problems and give them the opportunity to hone new skills and approaches. If you want to play a part in shaping an innovative industry and help build a historically significant company, we want to meet you.
If you are a problem-solver, can efficiently delegate tasks, and have excellent communication skills, then this is the job for you! As the Plant Care Team Lead you will be responsible for following the execution of daily activities assigned to your pod. The position will focus on motivating respective team members and reporting daily and weekly results. The ideal candidate is energetic, collaborative, and forward-thinking.
This position is based out of Stayner, ON.
What you’ll be doing:
- Act as a leader within the Plant Care rooms.
- Focus on improvements by developing strong interpersonal relationships with employees within the department as well as cross-functionally.
- Maintain cannabis plants, including, cloning, feeding, transplanting, trellis and pruning activities.
- Responsible for maintaining room and equipment cleanliness and sanitation requirements, including but not limited to cleaning equipment to support the grow; Other general housekeeping duties as assigned.
- Maintain compliance with the laws, regulations, and standards.
- Adhere to SOP’s as directed by Leadership. SOP’s include but not limited to duties involving processing and destruction, plant care and all sanitation activities for the rooms / building.
- Complete and prepare appropriate documentation as required including end of day reports and health and safety inspections.
- Must adhere to routing sheets and schedules.
- Adhere to health and safety requirements and ensure proper PPE is utilized daily.
- Perform 5S duties (sort, set in order, shine, standardize and sustain) by cleaning work areas and putting tools away in specified locations daily.
- Communicate completion of daily tasks and review routing sheets with leadership daily. Promptly report any deviations from SOP’s or company policies.
- Use SAP to complete routing task tracking.
- Complete other duties and responsibilities across the campus as required.
- Collaborate with other departments including Horticulture, Maintenance and IPM.
Your Environment: (for production specific roles only)
- Able to support overtime when needed, including weekends.
- Walking, sitting, standing, reaching, and bending required consistently.
- Frequent crouching, lifting, bending, pushing, pulling required.
- Capable of lifting of 50lbs.
- Ability to complete repetitive operations requiring manual dexterity and visual acuity.
- Must be able to work in a bright, humid environment with exposure to fan circulation.
You’ll need to have:
- Previous experience in leading or supervising a team is required.
- Experience in an indoor growing environment
- Can understand and predict the consequences of poor plant care and communicate discrepancies to the management team.
- Must be able to provide clear criminal record check.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish priorities, delegate tasks and work well within a team.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. For candidates with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request in all phases of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time