Cronos Group is an innovative global cannabinoid company with international production and distribution across five continents. Cronos Group is committed to building disruptive intellectual property by advancing cannabis research, technology and product development. With a passion to responsibly elevate the consumer experience, Cronos Group is building an iconic brand portfolio. Cronos Group’s portfolio includes PEACE NATURALS™, a global health and wellness platform, two adult-use brands, COVE™ and Spinach™, and two hemp-derived CBD brands, Lord Jones™ and Happy Dance™.
At Cronos Group, we hire talented people who thrive on solving difficult problems and give them the opportunity to hone new skills and approaches. If you want to play a part in shaping an innovative industry and help build a historically significant company, we want to meet you.
As the Operations Manager, you will report into the Head of Operations, North America and oversee specific areas of manufacturing to produce products and direct activities. You will ensure that approved products are manufactured in a cost effective and timely manner and are in alignment with quality requirements. The Operations Manager will demonstrate exceptional leadership and decision-making skills, project management skills, and technical knowledge. In this role, you will be accountable for leading the Distribution Center teams to ensure ongoing compliance to producing quality products consistently while maintaining conformance to company and regulatory agencies' expectations and requirements.
This position is based out of Kingsville, Ontario. Must be legally authorized to work in Canada and live in Canada.
What you’ll be doing:
- Plans, directs, and establishes operating activities for production, manufacturing/procurement operations including production planning, scheduling, resource allocation (equipment and personnel) and materials management.
- Drives implementation of new processes/capabilities in support of strategic growth plans.
- Drives efficient flow of material throughout the Manufacturing facility, with emphasis on cost improvement, cycle time and production time reduction.
- Prioritizes production schedules based on customer demand and strategic importance.
- Generate reports (Key Performance Indicator’s or KPI’s) and present findings to senior leadership team. Responsible for managing a team of Supervisors and team members
- Ensuring compliance with regulations and internal controls, recommending improvements in internal control structure.
- Ensuring compliance with regulations and controls by examining and analyzing records, reports, operating practices, and documentation; recommending opportunities to strengthen the internal control structure
- Ensures assigned departments meet production and quality controls daily.
- Identifies documents and drives departmental metrics (KPI’s) for Productivity, Safety, Quality and any other metrics required by the company
- Manages performance by setting goals and consistently holding employees accountable for meeting performance standards.
- Directs and coordinates various programs essential to manufacturing procedures (e.g., training, safety, housekeeping, cost reduction, worker involvement, security, etc). Initiates and coordinates major projects (e.g., plant relocation/layout changes, installation of capital equipment, major repairs, etc.).
- Ensures training is conducted by the appropriate individuals or departments in Safety, GMP’s, Quality systems rules and procedures.
- Functions well in a fast-paced environment and manages competing priorities.
- Makes sound operational decisions
- Ensures that potential safety problems are resolved and that Safety audits are responded to appropriately and in timely fashion.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
Your Environment: (for production specific roles only)
- Able to commute between locations when required
- Working in a busy office environment with frequent interruptions
- Flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Attending and conducting presentations
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Overtime as required
You’ll need to have:
- 7+ years of previous experience in a similar role is required, with preference given to experience overseeing a manufacturing facility Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent experience
- Has worked in lean manufacturing environments and has a continuous improvement mindset Has supervised Kaizen events or process improvement projects
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills that allow him/her to quickly step into new situations and develop the teamwork to solve problems.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills that allow him/her to assess, quantify, and resolve operational issues and trends
- Exceptional people skills that encourage the development of employees through regular performance reviews, feedback, holding self and others accountable, and provides appropriate and effective recognition.
- A self-starter with a reliable work ethic and an energetic style; sets the example and creates an environment of high expectations
- Able to support hands-on operations activities when required to meet distribution targets
We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. For candidates with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request in all phases of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time