Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine's Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America Employing a consumer-packaged goods ( CPG ) approach to cannabis, Cresco's house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy's, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco's national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry's first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation's cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
The Senior Vice President of R&D and Manufacturing will lead a highly technical team across research & development and new product innovation, and will own nationwide manufacturing processes of extraction and food/beverage production across Cresco Lab's portfolio. Reporting to the Executive Vice President of Operations and in partnership with the Regional Vice Presidents and General Managers, this individual will drive innovation, manufacturing, production, and commercialization of finished goods to ensure consistent and efficient delivery for our customers, high standards of regulatory safety and compliance, effective continuous improvement initiatives, and maintain a strong team-oriented employee culture.
Core Job Duties
• Lead Research and Development nationwide, working closely with cross functional teams in marketing, sales, quality, etc. to translate consumer insights into new product opportunities.
• Champion and oversee the exploration of designing, developing, and delivering highly relevant product innovations, owning the process from conceptualization through commercialization and new product launches.
• Lead efforts for improving existing products, including design, execution, and delivery, to maximize productivity and innovation through technical assessments, cost-opportunity, or prioritization implications.
• Design and implement management controls to improve manufacturing processes and ensure the required resources, procedures, and systems are present, keeping current with industry trends to identify ways to implement progressive technology across locations.
• Oversee the organization and training of manufacturing employees on procedures and equipment, relevant to manufacturing, GMPs/cGMPs, and validation.
• Guide the assignment and prioritization of resources to complete projects by evaluating short-, mid-, and long-range goals, anticipating staffing needs, and managing departmental budget.
• Understand current operating procedures for all manufacturing and food & beverage production across all locations; identifying ways to standardize procedures and best practices in partnership with Engineering, Operational Excellence, COE, and Regional GMs.
• Partner with Quality, Safety, and Compliance teams to ensure facilities are maintained to state regulatory, OSHA, and Cresco quality standards.
• Responsible for the overall health and safety of employees by ensuring proper training is provided for all employees; respective metrics are implemented to measure effectiveness of policies and identify areas of improvement.
• Partner closely with Facility Directors, GMs, and HR/TA to ensure adequate staffing levels for all departments of oversight to meet production goals.
Required Experience, Education and Skills
• Bachelors degree in a related field required such as food science or chemical engineering, Masters degree preferred.
• Minimum 15 years of progressive responsibility and successful experience in a high-growth Food & Beverage CPG (Consumer Packaged Goods), NHP (Natural Health Products), or Pharmaceuticals.
• 10+ years' experience managing a large team with advanced technical, science, and engineering backgrounds across multiple sites, with the focus on product commercialization from benchtop to launch.
• 7+ years' experience in Product Development activities within finished consumable goods
• Experience in a manufacturing setting with a focus on operational efficiencies and continuous improvement.
• Demonstrated leadership skills with a broad knowledge of management practices and good business analysis/project management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to grasp large, complex, matrix-oriented organizations and drive business process improvement.
• Proven ability to manage numerous projects and resources remotely in a highly dispersed organization.
• Demonstrated experience gathering and presenting results, which could include earnings growth, working capital reduction, SG&A control, and operation productivity.
• Proven ability to select top talent and create a productive environment that promotes initiative, innovation, continual learning, and development of key personnel for future advancement.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills for a wide range of audiences, which could include clients, front line managers, and C-level leaders.
• Ability to travel frequently throughout the region and to other locations throughout the country, as needed.
Cresco Labs requires that all corporate employees be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus on or before September 30, 2021. If you are offered and accept a position, you will be required to prove your vaccination status prior to when your employment begins. If you require a medical or religious accommodation with regard to vaccination, please let us know once you receive an offer of employment (if applicable).
• Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
• Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status