Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine's Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods ("CPG") approach to cannabis, Cresco's house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy's, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco's national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry's first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation's cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Core Job Duties
• Assists in the development of brand and product quality standards for the following product categories: flower and flower products; oils, extracts and medicinal
• Performs finished product sampling and inspections
• Writes technical documents such as quality inspection forms, flow charts, etc. per PQA Director's direction
• Assists the PQA Director and Product Development team members in the product innovation process and product commercialization including monitoring, investigations and technical CAPA in relations to quality and safety complaints of new products
• Supports the quality aspect of new products' line extensions to Cresco sites
• Ensures facilities launching new products are fully equipped with all quality documentation and quality personnel are properly trained to guarantee a successful integration
• Assists in new product trial assessments from a quality perspective and an active approver of all new products prior to launch
• Assists site quality personnel in relations to new products and launches
• Serves as an escalation point for product quality issues that span across multiple sites, products, etc.
• Reviews quality and processing documentation to ensure compliance to product quality standards
• Assists in the development and maintenance of Product Quality Specifications/Visual Standards for all product categories – partners with R&D managers to develop technical product parameters and ensure adherence to specified limits
• Conducts all duties in compliance with safety rules, applicable SOPs, and other applicable guidelines.
• Travel - 25-30% to facilities and states as the need arises
Required Experience, Education And Skills
• Bachelor's degree 3-5 years' experience or Associate Degree 5 years + experience
• Prior experience in highly regulated industry: healthcare, medical devices, pharmaceutical, consumer packaged goods (food), cannabis. Highly desirable: FDA/FSMA, HACCP, GFSI experience i.e. SQF, BRC, etc.
• Prior experience with product sampling, inspections, complaint investigations
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including writing executive summaries and communicating with senior level operations, quality management team, and regulatory agencies
• Utilizes critical thinking to troubleshoot issues, work collaboratively with a team to brainstorm solutions, and implement improvement solutions
• Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
• Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status