Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine's Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States
Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America.
Employing a consumer-packaged goods ("CPG") approach to cannabis, Cresco's house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy's, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal.
Sunnyside*, Cresco's national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers.
Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry's first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation's cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction.
Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis.
As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Chemist to join our Lab team in Brookville, PA. The Chemist will be responsible for performing chromatographic techniques such as HPLC or GCMS. The chemist will test samples for identification, purity, and contaminants.
The chemist will also maintain the organization, cleanliness and efficiency of production area, as well as maintaining the quality control measures to ensure high quality product while carrying out day-to-day tasks.
CORE JOB DUTIES
• Prepare analytical standards, reagents, and solutions
• Perform analytical testing using various methods such as HPLC, GCMS, FTIR, Karl Fischer, Water Activity, pH, and viscosity.
• Use laboratory instruments as instructed and follow company SOP's
• Troubleshoot analytical instrumentation, perform routine maintenance, and work directly with vendors to solve issues.
• Accurately document results in logbooks, bench sheets, etc.
• Generate quality system-compliant data
• Able to draw and defend conclusions based upon analytical data.
• Follows all safety requirements including wearing appropriate personal protective equipment, labeling of samples, etc
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
• Bachelor's Degree in chemistry or related field, required
• 1-2 years HPLC experience, required
• Experience performing validation and verification studies
• Experience in Good Manufacturing Practices or Good Laboratory Practices
• Experience with Microsoft Office Applications, Word, Excel, Power Point, etc
• Capacity to prioritize tasks and meet demands of multiple departments with minimal supervision
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong work ethic and willing to work overtime depending project demand
• Ability to work independently and manage time efficiently to deliver on project goals
• Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
• Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status