Credit Union 1 is hiring a Marijuana-Related Business (MRB) Associate to join the MRB Team within the Legal Department for our Paseo Verde office in Henderson, NV.
The MRB Associate will assist in the day-to-day aspects of the Marijuana-Related Business ("MRB") compliance program conducting member assistance, operational and transaction functions. This position assists the MRB Department with onboarding and ongoing documentation and assists Credit Union 1 ("CU1") in the establishment of controls and mitigation of those risks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains knowledge of MRB related laws and regulations including CU1's policies and procedures.
- Serves as a point of contact for CU1 staff, MRB and Ancillary members, responding to requests and transactions with moderate decision-making capabilities.
- Reviews and verifies new account information in the Shield Engage onboarding program for compliance with the CU1 MRB Policy and Procedure to include (but not limited to) Customer Information Program (CIP), Beneficial Ownership and third party/open-source due diligence.
- Conducts research and investigation of the automated BSA/AML/OFAC/Shield software and to the software reports and alerts as assigned by the MRB Analyst.
- Conducts due diligence investigations be it regarding applicants, third party systems, or other potential relationships.
- Prepares and enters MRB wire requests using the WireXchange program for review and verification by the MRB Analysts.
- Communicates with MRB Analysts, Relationship Managers, and the BSA Manager to follow-up on questionable CIP items or other audit exceptions.
- Prepares and reviews Currency Transaction Reports ("CTRs") to ensure accuracy of the information in the BSA related software.
- Provides recommendations to management on streamlining the MRB Program, policy enhancements and training needs, as applicable.
- Assists the MRB Analyst or higher with MRB various projects, procedures, policies, risk assessments, employee training, audits and examinations as requested.
Top reasons to begin a career at Credit Union 1:
- Get paid for NOT working 12 holidays each year!
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Sick leave
- Tuition reimbursement for approved courses (after 1 year)
- Free employee assistance program
- Career growth opportunities it's our philosophy to promote from within whenever possible. Credit Union 1 is committed to your success and professional development.
- Excellent benefits packages including:
- Medical PPO insurance (low cost)
- Dental & vision insurance (employee coverage 100% company paid)
- Life, AD&D and long-term disability insurance (100% company paid)
- 401(k) retirement and profit-sharing plan
- Being part of a team providing services with the goal of improving the ongoing economic well-being of our members.
- Strong interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), and organizational skills with the ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management.
- Strong investigative, research and problem-solving abilities
- Moderate decision making
- Minimum two years financial industry or specialized compliance education/training preferred.
- Consumer compliance knowledge and/or experience preferred.
- Reports to BSA Manager
- Interacts daily with the MRB Analyst and VP of Cannabis Operations
- Interaction with all levels of employees and MRB member clients
Branch Location: 2651 Paseo Verde Parkway Henderson, NV 89074