11 years from our humble beginnings as the founders of Fruitridge Health & Wellness in Sacramento, Connected now maintains a portfolio of proprietary top-shelf cannabis genetics cultivated in state-of-the-art grow facilities. We are proud to be the largest grower of premium flower in California
With three retail doors in California, recent expansion into Arizona and national expansion plans in motion, we operate one of the fastest growing, vertically integrated cannabis companies in the country.
Our mission has remained the same since day one: To breed, grow and sell the best cannabis in the world. This commitment to deliver at the absolute pinnacle comes to life in the standards we hold our product, our people, and our partners to every day.
Proprietary genetics cultivated with cutting-edge technology and over 100 years of combined plant cultivation experience has earned our flower the highest wholesale price in any major legal market. Our continued curiosity can be traced back to an early obsession with R&D that poured resources into what is now one of the most advanced cannabis breeding programs in the world.
In 2017, we welcomed Alien Labs to the Connected family; a partnership built on the foundation of like-minded quality standards and the desire to raise those standards across the industry.
Today, a new emphasis on elevated experiences will ride in tandem with geographical and menu expansion on the fast paced and thrilling road ahead for the entire Connected family of brands.
About the Job
The Cultivation Technician performs labor to assist in the upkeep, stocking, and fulfillment of growing cannabis, including, but not limited to; watering, feeding, flushing, pruning, washing, cloning, transplanting, harvesting, and facility maintenance under the supervision of the Cultivation General Manager. Attention to detail is extremely important.
What You Will Do
• Perform all tasks in the indoor harvest grow
• Mother plant maintenance, cloning, transplanting, nutrients and pH management, water management, positive airflow, temperature and humidity control, pest and disease control, IPM program implementation, plant transfer from veg to flowering.
• Manage plant scheduling and organization to precisely project all plant needs on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis to produce the best results for maximum plant yield.
• Cataloguing and maintaining organization of plants, tags, and pruning biomass
• Knowledge of pest and disease control management a plus.
• Maintain and follow the cultivation department policies and procedures.
• Wash and sanitize all equipment. Scout all equipment, ensuring all tools are free of pests, viruses or disease.
• Must be able to adapt to various strains, styles and types of cannabis they are cultivating; adjusting techniques to maintain a steady pace and quality.
• Breakdown flowers off stem and stalk of plant to separate unusable waste from useable product; employee must track the amount of unusable waste for each batch.
• Knowledge or experience with METRC compliance is a plus.
• Demonstrate accurately and thoroughly in a timely manner to meet production standards.
• Work in a timely manner and strive to increase productivity.
• Maintain organization and cleanliness of the cultivation facility while performing job duties.
• Exhibit competency in basic organizational, tracking and communication skills.
• Works in a timely manner to efficiently meet goals while consistently producing quality product.
• Employee must be able to follow basic instructions and take constructive feedback from their managers to maintain quality standards and production goals.
• Employee must show up on time for work every day ready to work.
• Employee must exhibit personal hygiene and follow the health guidelines set forth by the company and the state while processing patient medicine.
• Cultivation staff is responsible for clean-up of all processing areas and equipment at the end of every shift.
What We Are Looking For
• Minimum age of 21 years or older and pass a criminal background check
• High school or equivalent
• May require working rotating shifts with varied hours/day, including evenings, weekends, holidays, and special events
• Previous agricultural/warehouse/manufacturing/laborer experience preferred.
• Adhere to company mission statement, while maintaining high ethical standards and professionalism.
• Ability to be flexible and work in various sectors of the department as needed an/or requested by their direct supervisor; this may include but is not limited to, helping grow staff with small tasks, cleaning and/or moving supplies and equipment and/or helping the packaging department or working at other locations as needed.
• Must be able to identify various problems with any strain/product and communicate with direct supervisors as necessary.
• Have a basic understanding of cannabis laws, rules and regulations set forth by the state; a pursuit to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws is appreciated and commendable.
• Must work well with others and ability to adapt quickly to changes in policy, procedure, methods and technique. Frequent contact with supervisor via face-to-face discussions
• Use of independent judgment regarding product processing, keeping quality, projections and goals in mind.
• Help create a proactive and positive environment; a positive attitude and self-motivation to help produce high quality manicured product, while meeting and/or exceeding personal and/or company goals.
• Ability to work with, help, guide, challenge and motivate other team members to create a cohesive unit.
• Must manage their time during work efficiently to meet goals while consistently producing quality product.
• Must be able to follow basic instructions and ability to take constructive criticism from their managers to maintain quality standards and production goals.
• Must understand and implement the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of the company and the cultivation department.
• Fundamental knowledge, as well as the ability to be taught and guided in areas related to cultivation with other areas being taught as the employee shows interest while still maintaining their capabilities as a cultivation technician.
• Skill in analyzing potential problems with a plant or the product being processed.
• Shows self-motivation/innovation and the ability to work well with all members of their staff and the company, as well as with their direct supervisor.
• Ability to listen well and communicate effectively various audiences, especially with the direct supervisors and other co-workers.
• Other duties as assigned
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
• Must be able to lift up to a maximum of 50 lbs. occasionally without assistance or 100 lbs. with assistance.
• Regularly required to perform carrying, grasping, lifting, walking, standing, some bending/crouching, stooping, stretching, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
• Must be able to stand for extended periods of time while maintaining focus.
• Able to be in varying temperature and humidity environmental conditions
• Must not be allergic to or have a fear of insects.
Work is performed in a fast-paced cannabis grow location. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Connected is an exciting and innovative workplace with a highly engaged workforce brought together by a shared passion to be the best in the business. We are on a mission to breed, grow and sell the best cannabis in the world! This is a super unique opportunity to be part of the start-up stage of the booming cannabis industry. We are looking for exceptional people to join our team as we transition into the next phase of our business ventures and become a leader in the cannabis space.
• Career Growth and Internal Advancement Opportunities
• Competitive Pay and Stock Options
• 401(k), Medical, Dental, Vision