About the Job
Connected is seeking a Sr. FP&A Analyst to join our corporate finance team in California. The Sr. FP&A Analyst will support the Director of FP&A through reporting and analytics on the financial performance of Connected's existing and future Business Units. More specifically, this position will work in collaboration with finance leadership in providing direct hands-on support to the Director of FP&A in reporting, data analytics, analyzing trends and variances, tracking KPIs and management dashboards to support strategic business decisions relating to Connected's operations.
What You Will Do
Financial Budgeting, Planning and Reporting - Providing advice and services on financial planning, budgeting, reporting and financial coding to ensure the optimal allocation of financial resources to organizational objectives
• Work in collaboration with the operations, sales, and finance teams in the various business units to understand the business structure, business model pricing and cost components of products to provide appropriate reporting and analytics
• Work collaboratively with business unit leaders by assisting through the reforecasting process as well as assisting in building decks for presentation purposes - Connected creates an annual budget and reforecasts on a quarterly basis
• Supports managers in the development of their budgets
• Help maintain budget and forecast templates and various financial models
• Understand costing information and pricing models to develop reporting in supporting effective pricing strategies and insights on cultivation, manufacturing (external), distribution, and retail for Connecteds' products with a view to meeting short, medium, and long-term objectives
• Collection and extraction of financial and market data for various business units (i.e. cultivation, manufacturing, distribution, and retail)
• Help support and track the identified and implemented Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Connecteds' brands to promote timely effective decision making
• Assist Director of FP&A in creating monthly business unit reporting package(s) and participate in monthly business reviews
• Provide analytical support at monthly reviews focused to each business unit (i.e. cultivation, manufacturing, distribution, and retail)
• Perform ad-hoc financial/quantitative analysis and various reporting, financial modeling, and business operations requests
• Build a collaborative working relationship and become one of the financial business partner with divisional and corporate leadership to support management and business unit reporting for Connecteds' operation
• Analyzes the financial implications of policy, program, and project proposals.
• Supports FP&A Director to link strategies to financial operations.
Business Analysis - Identifying, investigating and evaluating options for improving business systems, defining requirements and ensuring the effective use of information technology to meet the needs of the business
• Works alongside FP&A Director to understand client business requirements, processes and roles.
• Follows established governance, audit and compliance, and change management principles.
• Applies simple change management techniques.
• Translates simple business requirements into technical requirements.
• Develops simple business cases.
• Carries out simple business process re-engineering.
Financial Management of Operations - Comprehensive Understanding and using financial information to monitor and optimize the financial health of a budget, project, department, or the organization as a whole
• Provide effective, appropriate financial management support
• Track and support effective process flows and internal controls
• Provide financial reporting for projects
• Perform sensitivity analyses as requested
• Help provide monthly, quarterly, and annual financial packages for leadership
• Assist in developing management reports to support corporate finance decision making
• Provide performance reporting and variance analysis to budgets and forecasts
• Provide effective support to the Director of FP&A in all data collection and extraction to support strategic decisions
• Analyze standard problems based on a range of factors, most of which are clear
• Analyze alternate solutions, considering applicable precedents
• Analyze optimal solutions based on weighing the advantages and disadvantages of alternative approaches
• Support FP&A Director & Manager to evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of solutions after implementation
• Uses financial data in making recommendations or decisions
What We Are Looking For
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a related quantitative field required
• Two to five years of FP&A, or relevant work experience in a finance environment preferably in the Cannabis industry
• Strong financial acumen including experience with management reporting, variance analysis and other analyst support functions in forecasting and budgeting
• Strong understanding of financial statements for both review and modeling purposes
• Excellent written and verbal communications and presentation skills
• Ability to balance multiple, diverse priorities and produce high quality deliverables
• Functional knowledge of financial reporting systems and methodologies
• Advanced skills in MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
• Communication skills of explaining complex data topics to non-experts (i.e. sales, production, supply chain, cultivation, and other non-finance business units)
• A benefit if proficient in Tableau - BI Reporting Tool
• A benefit if proficient in MS SQL
• Strong experience working with large-scale datasets and multiple tasks or projects simultaneously
Connected is an exciting and innovative workplace with a highly engaged workforce brought together by a shared passion to be the best in the business. We are on a mission to breed, grow and sell the best cannabis in the world This is a super unique opportunity to be part of the start-up stage of the booming cannabis industry. We are looking for exceptional people to join our team as we transition into the next phase of our business ventures and become a leader in the cannabis space.
• Competitive Pay and Stock Options
• 401(k), Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
• Paid Vacation Time (Flexible Vacation policy for exempt positions)
• Career Growth and Internal Advancement Opportunities
• Chance to work in an exciting new start-up industry with awesome people